3DConnexion spacemouse issues on latest version DazStudio 4.22

Does anyone else use a spacemouse with DS? I had it working just right in 4.1x but after upgrading to 4.22 the sensitivity levels are way too high for detailed work.
Tried adjusting them down all the way and updating to the latest drivers. I have also talked with tech support at 3DConnexion about the problem and they are looking into it. 
Not sure if it is a 3DConnexion driver issue or an issue with DS itself. 

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 362

Sensitivity is the same on my Windows 11, 3DxWare 10.8.16, DAZ Studio 4.22.0.15 and Windows 10, 3DxWare 10.8.15, DAZ Studio 4.16.0.3 computers. I do have the speed turned down all the way in 3DxWare.

3dConnexion.png
    944 x 864 - 29K
  • This plug-in has not been updated for a very long time, beyind the copyright dates etc., so there should be no internal reason for a change.

• Thank you both. It must be a driver issue with the hardware. I will continue to persue this issue with 3DConnexion.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

Endlessdescent said:

Thank you both. It must be a driver issue with the hardware. I will continue to persue this issue with 3DConnexion.

Did you ever hear anything from 3DConnexion?  From what I've seen, they seem to think it is an issue with Studio; second post here:

https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic.php?t=33750

If you open up the Advanced Settings in 3D Connexion, you can turn down the speed for each axis individually, but some parameter is off somewhere; might be simply a math error in the programming of the driver or Studio...

• I have a 3Dconnexion spacemouse wireless and I'm experiencing the same behaviour with DAZ Studio v4.22. Device settings simply state "unrecognized device connected". Even after adjusting sensitivty all almost all the way down in the 3Dconnexion driver advanced settings its still not the best experience. Heres hoping both parties can work together to find a fix for us as I really do enjoy using my 3d mouse with Daz Studio.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 434

I have contacted 3DConnexion some years ago - they answered that in DS the driver implementation is not correct. I also made a daz ticket but it was not solved. Maybe the issue is of just way to low priority. For me the space mouse is still unusable in latest DS beta.