Tango Alpha DAL Webinar on Designing 3D Environments for Studio

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
edited January 6 in Carrara Discussion

TimA shares insights!  Notice of 2 upcoming Digital Art Live webinars (Sundays, January 21st and 28th)

I have enjoyed several DAL webinars.  Most of you know TangoAlpha who created several Carrara sets joined Howie etc in making environments for Daz Studio.  Examples include the UltraScenery outdoor environments for Studio only and the Tangy Orchard and spaceship interior series which included Carrara versions.    Potentially of interest and use.  Even if attending live is a little pricey ($55 USD, includes 2 sessions and another DAL tutorial recording on lighting), might be on the watch if the recording is eventually picked up by the Daz store.  Although he used to use Carrara as a tool in making his sets for Studio, I don't think he has been using Carrara since some Apple operating system updates a few years ago.  DAL is a Daz vendor.  There is a free forum at their website where you can find discussion of their Daz stuff, and likely upcoming Daz stuff like this webinar.  https://digitalartlive.com/ ;   And here is TangoAlpha's Daz3D vendor page where you can find several of his earlier sets made in Carrara but for Daz Studio (and included Carrara versions).  https://www.daz3d.com/tangoalpha

dal tango alpha 3d environment sets for studio.png
749 x 860 - 601K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I think I'm going to that . . .  wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited January 21

In set design, is an audience capable of understanding a hallway with a turn?  Or do we assume the audience thinks all hallways are straight?  Saw this criticism of set design on the web and thought of the webinars. 

jerrys hallway cant exist.png
    657 x 448 - 339K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,880

weird, my previous house had an L shaped hallway, even my current one has sort of, it has a bit of a dog leg by the laundry and toilet

• therixxtherixx Posts: 91

I watched the free section of the webinar that has ended few minutes ago. Very pleasant presentation of @TangoAlpha bio and some of his stuff (I did not know Parthenon Club!!).

• therixxtherixx Posts: 91

@Diomede, you probably shed a light (at least for me) on why Tim is not including Carrara versions anymore. He sounds like still appreciates our beloved program.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Diomede said:

In set design, is an audience capable of understanding a hallway with a turn?  Or do we assume the audience thinks all hallways are straight?  Saw this criticism of set design on the web and thought of the webinars. 

This is the apartment from Seinfeld. His hallway "can't exist" not because the audience doesn't understand that hallways can bend, but because we've seen the hallway of Jerry's apartment and know that it doesn't.

Paul Giamatti is standing approximately where Jerry's microwave seems to be.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Aha!  Thanks, @Ninefold.  It would take very precise placement of mirrors!