Looking for a simple G8F HD morph set

I am desperatly looking for a HD morph set, that  is adding details to Body and Head skins without altering the overall shape of the figure.
I purchased a lot of characters and HD sets yet, but none of them were "neutral". Since Genesis 8 Female is the basic figure, I wonder why there seem to be no G8F HD morph.

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,803

felis said:

Have you looked at this https://www.daz3d.com/hd-head-morphs-for-genesis-8-female

Thank you, but sorry no.
    I don't need any character morphs. I just need HD details added to the base figure _without_ adding extra altering shapes. And I need it as a full figure HD set.

edited January 6

WendyLuvsCatz said:

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer

No, thank you. I don't need a face only solution. 
    I need something like this:
    Victoria 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3D
    , but not for the Victoria character, but for the base Genesis 8 Female figure.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,352
    edited January 6

I have used this Zelara HD addon on base Genesis 8 Female with reasonable results.  It adds details on hands and feet,  knees and elbows,  without changing the shape  Zelara 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3D

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,191

Masterstroke said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You can use HD Add-Ons without the character.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited January 6

That HD does not exist by virtue of its very nature.  All HD will change shape. Because they are based on that characters shape. So only if __you had a shape___and someone made an HD for that specifically, you would be fine.  Have zelara char, add her HD.  Add another HD, pretty much always  something conflicts. And because DAZ HD is proprietary, means you can't even delete the offending shape.  Loved HD - the concept. In practise for users, not really multi-use if you like details that work Well with your shapes.

So there is only one alternative. Normal  and/or Bump Maps.  They are shape independant.

As for base G8F HD, guessing it was never meant anything more than a starting point for all the character designs.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
    edited January 6

Gordig said:

Masterstroke said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You can use HD Add-Ons without the character.

And here's what I mean by that. These are all the G8.1 dev load with no changes except dialing in various HD add-ons.

Default:

Alexandra:

Edie:

Ellithia:

Kayo:

Twosret:

HDAlexandra.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    HDDefault.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    HDEdie.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    HDEllithia.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    HDKayo.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    HDTwosret.png
    3600 x 2400 - 7M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

hi gordig, don't think anyone would disagree that HD can look great or that you can apply to any other shapes.

Reading OP, what stood out was his wish for 100% shape neutrality, unless i misintrepreted his post.  HD's do not do that.  I own pretty much all HD shapes for G8F.  Know dearly well.  Perhaps an HD shape will agree with his shape and not affect enough.  Normals and bumps are shape agnostic.

The HD add-ons are just as shape agnostic as normals, though, and presumably the normals are derived from the HD sculpts. All the above pictures show is micro details being added to the default shape without taking on the shape of the characters. If the OP wants HD morphs that don't affect the shape, then....what do they actually want?

edited January 7

HD can add details like skin wrinkles, skin structure and pores. It can add tendons and knuckles. It can add fat and muscles, that would be hard to shape otherwise, because of the mesh design.
    I'd try it myself, but since I am not a vendor, I don't have access to the tools.

Post edited by Masterstroke on

FirstBastion said:

I have used this Zelara HD addon on base Genesis 8 Female with reasonable results.  It adds details on hands and feet,  knees and elbows,  without changing the shape  Zelara 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3D

You are right, from the promos, she looks quite generic. I'll give her a try, since she is on sale.
    Thank you :-)