Saving renders and elements in a scene

Hello, is there a plugin that enables saving the camera setup and other elements within a single scene, similar to a timeline but without an actual timeline? I'd like to be able to save the current state of the scene at a specific moment and, if I make changes, save it again as the next state, all within the same scene. Additionally, it's crucial for me to save renders within the same scene and resume them later, which is why I'm mentioning this. I've searched online, and the only option I found is the "Render Queue," which works well, but I prefer a solution that operates within a single scene rather than involving multiple scenes.

Comments

• It is not possible to save and resume renders, other than by leaving the render window open (and so leaving DS and the operating system running too).

I am not sure what you want beyond that - there are various preset types, but objects cannot be added and removed at set time intervals so saving the state of the scene as a whole in a time-free manner, without the other keys, wouldn't obviously make sense.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,488

Take a look at Camera Magic and see if it will do what you want to do. You would use different cameras in your scene to save different states. It can keep track of morph changes, pose changes, and visibility changes per camera. You can then render each camera in the scene with Render Queue 3. It is kind of tricky to use, and I make mistakes that mess things up frequently, but that is most likely my fault. For example, I will save pose state in one camera and then try to tweak the pose in the Perspective view. When I go back to the camera, it restores the saved pose, like it is supposed to do, and I lose my pose tweaks that I made in Perspective view. So the tool was working, but my workflow with it was wrong.