Clothing: trouble with pJCM with two morphs

I started the adventure of creating clothing for DazStudio and already explored the pJCM. I've managed to add a morph for my clothing for those poses. But I'm facing a problem when I add two morphs for example for pJCMThighFwd_57_R and pJCMThighFwd_115_R - the problem seems to be that the morphs that I've added for each of these poses (where the right leg is lifted in front of the character in different angles) get mixed. 

What I've done:

• Created a cloth, some pants
  • Used pJCM Poses for clothes creators for Genesis 8 to identify the relevant poses.
  • Created a morph of the cloth. The obj file is named like the pJCM (for example pJCMThighFwd_115_R) and imported it with Morph loader pro with the following settings:
    • Property group: Hidden/Correctives/Base
    • Reverse Deformation: yes
    • Overwirte Existing: Deltas only

I did it first for the leg lifted very high (pJCMThighFwd_115_R) and then I saw that when I start to lift the leg the pants does not look so right until it reaches the 100% for pJCMThighFwd_115_R. So then I thought I could do the same for the pJCMThighFwd_57_R level but then the mesh was completely mixed up when I started to lift the leg. Can someone help me with tnhis issue?

Comments

• DissendiorDissendior Posts: 110

I'm unable to see the content 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,016

Why? Did you download the zip folder and unzip it?

Okay... first I didn't see that there is something to download. I just saw this message "Sorry, you are unable to view this content" where the image of the post should be on deviantart, I downloaded it now but I don't find an answer to my question in the PDF. Maybe you just wanted to promote your PDF? ;) I find your tutorial really confusing. Sometimes suddenly there is a screenshot where it is not described how I get to this settings, then you describe very much in Hexagon which I don't use. Maybe somewhere in your tutorial there is actually an answer to my concrete question but I didn't find it.

hm... I checked it again now and re-applied the morphs to the cloth and now it works... maybe I did something wrong yesterday or maybe I really just needed to re-start daz?! 

Well that's odd, there's no maturity flag on it. Anyways, you got it, had time to read it a few times and got something working.

Making pJCMs does require some patience and sometimes a fair chunk of time too ;-)

By the by, in posing a question with regards to pJCMs, mentioning my tutorial was done so you [and/or anybody else] could find some step by step how-to make pJCMs as well as a controller to handle 2 morphs. I do not rewrite entire tutorials just to answer every single question posed in all the forums.

After reading through a tutorial, then following along step by step, tends to be how one gets to any particular screenshot as I make these tutorials while doing the work. It is the subject that can be confusing at times esp. if one has no experience in even making morphs for eg. Yes I use Hexagon - Hexagon is free and available at Daz3D. One can use any 3D modeller of their choice to make morphs with. When following anybody's instructions with actions they are doing in whichever modeller they are using, one is expected to know how to do 'whatever' in the program of their choice. And/or look for tutorials in how to use those other programs on the sites which sell them. And of course there's usually something over on YouTube that may be of value as well. Daz3D has information there too.

Now, without working through the morphs to be sure of not missing steps, {D/S is not installed on this laptop}, "as I recall" FIRST make the morph for the partial action. Zero and save it. Then dial that morph in full and send the obj out to make the morph for the full action. Reverse Deformations: yes. If that works, zero morphs and save them. {info on how I get the names to work is in the tutorial}.
    Then starting from default position, figure selected, start dialing in the leg action. Hopefully when it's at 57, so is the new morph you made. And when it's at 115, so is the new morph you made for 115.

And yes, after saving morphs it doesn't hurt to either clear the scene and/or close D/S and start with a fresh instance of D/S and/or a new scene. Why is because D/S will not recognize 2 morphs with the same name so ideally the memory cache is cleared so it's working with what is really there.