Can't View/Render G9 Skin

I've been using Daz for years and a new issue has popped up. When i am editing, the G9 model has her skin and looks right. But when i render (or use render preview) in Iray the model is all white. I have not changed any setting and G8 is working fine. Also there is a blue haze around the G9. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this.

Thanks

Screenshot (5).png
1083 x 970 - 383K
Screenshot (3).png
1074 x 856 - 590K

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

The blue haze could be because you have the surface tool in use and the G9's skin selected and your theme has blue as the highlight colour?

Also, the base G9 loads without skin so the grey would be correct there I think - did you do that and if so have you tried applying one of the skin materials from the G9 essentials product?

• eclementeeclemente Posts: 9
    edited January 5

SofaCitizen said:

The blue haze could be because you have the surface tool in use and the G9's skin selected and your theme has blue as the highlight colour?

Also, the base G9 loads without skin so the grey would be correct there I think - did you do that and if so have you tried applying one of the skin materials from the G9 essentials product?

I checked and even with the Essential skins same thing, white skin. I also loaded a plain G9 model then applied one of the essential skins. No blue hue but again white skin and no eyes. Still shows in the textured shader so it is applying and it is there.

Screenshot (7).png
    1080 x 1018 - 622K
    Post edited by eclemente on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Hmm ... not too sure then I can't think of a good reason why the materials would disappear when switched to iray. I assume you are running an up-to-date version of both Daz Studio and your nVidia drivers? Also, is iray fully loading? I do get a "flash" of untextured display while switching from Texture Shaded to iray preview and the progress bar down the bottom is filling up.

Also, you may want to replace those images with clothed versions as they will probably get removed by a mod if not.

• eclementeeclemente Posts: 9

I figured it. I ran DIM and saw that there were updates missing from like a week ago. I guess i had just missed them somehow. So anyone who finds this with the same issue, update your version of Daz.