HS Smooth Bob Hair Hair Parting issue

Hello, I have a little problem with these hair, the hair parting is really very marked and I have not found how to solve this problem with the sliders provided. Does anyone have a tip?

Exemple with a G8:

Even from a distance, it's very noticeable.

Thanks.

PS: Anyone recognize the model used in the promo pics?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431
    edited January 4

Commonly-seen issues... You may try some options as below:

- Surfaces pane, check if there's a hair cap or scalp surface. Check the texture map in Cutout Opacity slot, see if the parting area is too "sparse" or "transparent". You may fix it with an image editor (Ps, Gimp...). Increase Cutout Opacity value as well (uncheck Use Limits in Params Settings first.)

- if you have Mesh Grabber, push the hair on the left / right side of the parting area to the center.

- send a support ticket to ask for a fix / improvment from the vendor or ask for refund.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

- Surfaces pane, check if there's a hair cap or scalp surface. Check the texture map in Cutout Opacity slot, see if the parting area is too "sparse" or "transparent". You may fix it with an image editor (Ps, Gimp...). Increase Cutout Opacity value as well (uncheck Use Limits in Params Settings first.)

- if you have Mesh Grabber, push the hair on the left / right side of the parting area to the center.

- send a support ticket to ask for a fix / improvment from the vendor or ask for refund.

Thank you for responding.
    Do you think if I create a ticket, the support will really ask for a fix? Even though I don't think I'll use these hair often in the future, as there are not many sliders for their poses so I find them hard to use (Dformer is too mysterious for my level, sadly), however, in my humble opinion, it's not normal to sell hair with such a pronounced parting and I think it would be normal for people to expect this to be fixed. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431
    edited January 5

jeremie.dev said:

crosswind said:

Thank you for responding.
    Do you think if I create a ticket, the support will really ask for a fix? Even though I don't think I'll use these hair often in the future, as there are not many sliders for their poses so I find them hard to use (Dformer is too mysterious for my level, sadly), however, in my humble opinion, it's not normal to sell hair with such a pronounced parting and I think it would be normal for people to expect this to be fixed. 

I believe the ticket you send will be forwarded to the vendor (PA), however, whether it'll be improved / fixed or not will depend on vendor's consideration and response... Just from the SS you posted, IMO, I don't think it's really a qualified product for sales either...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,794

Courtesy link: https://www.daz3d.com/hs-smooth-bob-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females

I don't have this product, but judging from the promos, that might just be the way this hair is. It's hard to tell with the angles used in the promos, and the light hair colour, but look at the grey skin in the parting here: