I'm in need of help

geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 151

I have this ... https://www.daz3d.com/i13-visions-silk-robe-for-the-genesis-3-female-s-36237  and this ....   https://www.daz3d.com/lingerie-robe-set-for-genesis-8-female-s

The issue I have is I love the morphs on ' i13 Visions Silk Robe for the Genesis 3 Female(s) '   but prefer the textures on  ' Lingerie Robe Set for Genesis 8 Female(s) ' .

I have been trying all sorts of things to get the textures from one, on the other, but can't, does anyone know how it is done?

I have tried creating materials zones, copy and pasting, cutting textures into place, and nothing has worked, Also if these alterations are possible, they are NOT and NEVER will be released for purchase, it is only for my personal use.

Cheers

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924
    edited January 3

In order to use the textures from lingerie on i13, the i13 need to have the UV map layout from lingerie.

You can create a new UV map in a modelling application. How easy/hard it will be depends on the existing UVs

Post edited by felis on
  • geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 151

Hey Felis, The only problem is that  'i13 Visions Silk Robe for the Genesis 3 Female(s)' does not have any UV's, and I do not know how to create them, maybe there is an easier way, or a way to comission this alteration, if it does not go against any copyright rules etc.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924

I have both.

So I looked at the UV maps, and it will be a challenge to match them up - as in tpp much work.

It think it would be easier to just retexture the silk robe to your liking.

UV_lingerie_robe.PNG
    866 x 725 - 70K
    UV_silk_robe.PNG
    771 x 717 - 43K
  • Moved to Technical Help as it is a question about existing products, not a Product Suggetion.

All models should have UVs - that is what tells the renderer how to wrap an image file around the model. They may not have UV templates, showing in mesh form how the parts of the model are laid out on the image plane.

• geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 151

Yeah sorry, I found the UV's they were under NORMAL MAPS, hence why I missed them, i was looking in BASE COLOR, I will try to match them, but we'll see, FELIS the idea is to match the SILK ROBE TEXTURES with the TEXTURES on the LINGERIE ROBE.