Importing objs into Daz at their relative world position vs world center?

I'm not sure if this is something that changed in a recent Daz update, or if I changed a setting somewhere that I don't remember, but when I used to import in objs, they would come in at the same world position as when I exported them.  So for example, a bed placed in a room, if exported, would reimport back to the same position.  However, now when I do that same process, objs are always imported into the scene at the world center.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Specifically, this seems only to apply when using the import process, objects loaded with morph loader pro are still in the correct position. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431
    edited January 3

Haven't encountered such an issue with latest DS version...Are there XYZ value with the object before export ? Did you by chance tick Invert positive direction when exporting to OBJ ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • FalcoFalco Posts: 240

So I'm not sure what setting it was, but I starting doing some tests and it was importing into the center, and I messed around with some of the export and import settings, and after one such test it started importing back to the correct place.  I don't remember which option it ended up being, but seems to be working now!

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

Falco said:

So I'm not sure what setting it was, but I starting doing some tests and it was importing into the center, and I messed around with some of the export and import settings, and after one such test it started importing back to the correct place.  I don't remember which option it ended up being, but seems to be working now!

All right !