Daz crash when using face transfer on genesis 9 or when creating a new one~~~

Hi, as the title says my daz keep crashing when i try to use face transfer on genesis 9 figure or when creating a new one from scratch. It crashes at creating shape and textures.The weird thing is it didn't have any problem what so ever when i use it on a genesis 8 figure. No crash at all. I'm new to daz and using the latest version of the software. Btw my gpu is gtx 1050 ti 4gb and 8gb of system ram.

Comments

• Do you have the latest version of the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials installed?

8GB of system memory is not much, though I don't know if face transfer 2 would be demanding enough for that to be an issue - do you get a crash dialogue, and if so what does it say?

• I got a crash dialog that says Daz studio has encountered  a fatal error, and must close. It asked me to save the error report and submit a bug report. I installed my Genesis 9 Starter Essentials on 28/12/2023 so it is the latest version maybe? Should i sent the error report? or maybe my pc just can't support face transfer 2?

• Usually the crash report dialogue gives a bit more information about exactly which bit of DS  (or one of the plug-ins) crashed, which can be illuminating. You cana lsoa ttach the crash report to a forum post.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 146

You mentioned that it works fine for G8. Which Face Transfer are you using? My understanding is that Face Transfer 2 only works on G9, and Face Transfer works on G8.

• Yes it works really fine with G8. I'm guessing that Daz automatically use face transfer 1 when you create or use on G8 and use face transfer 2 on G9. After playing around a bit with G9, I found that it really taxing on my system. It reverted back to cpu rendering on Victoria 9 with no hair on. Maybe my pc can't use face transfer 2 on G9 and cause the crash. Guess I'll use G8 for now and learn more on how to get better at using Daz until I upgrade my PC.