How to migrate "DAZ 3D Library" to another location

Hello,

I have a problem that I have run out of space on the disk where I have DAZ installed (mainly because of the DAZ content). The main clue to the problem is that it is a system disk. Is there any way to transfer the "(...)/Documents/Public/DAZ3D Library" folder (which is the main source of this whole situation) to another drive, without having to uninstall and reinstall DAZ or edit each track individually in DAZ itself ? I care about this very much, because I currently have several dozen gigas of additional content.

Comments

• Daz Studio and its saved files don't care where the content directory is (or what it is called), as long as it is told - that is why content created by others can be opened on your system. All you need to do is move the folder and then select it (the simplest method is to right-click on the Daz Studio Formats top level cotnainer in the Content Library and select Add Base diectory, them on Poser formats and select Add runtime Directory - in both cases you want the folder that holds the runtime and data folders).

Assuming, from your current path, that you are using Install Manager then that dos need updating - to install to the new location, which you can do in the Installation tab of Advanced Settings, and to find the files that it previously installed in their new location. If you kep the zips you can just select everything in the installed tab, after updating the paths, and right-click>Reinstall Uisng current paths. If you don't still have the zips then you would need to edit (copies of) the .dsx files in the Manifests folder to list the new path.

• jay_jayjay_jay Posts: 15

Thanks for explanations. I will try to do it as you said.