Trusted Third Party Add-Ons

fearthefailurefearthefailure Posts: 83
edited January 2 in Product Suggestions

Where's a reliable and trusted source of third party add-ons?  I've determined that some, if not all, developers are using third party content to achieve certain results.  An example is, uh, functional anatomical elements.  Another example would be a variety of areola skins.  For what I need in my game, I'm pretty sure I can't find all of that in the Shop due to the highly graphic nature of that content.  I've had no luck, so I'm guessing there's a bit of red tape the Daz crew has to contend with.

Also, does anyone know how to create braids, waves, or easiy create multiple curls down the entire length of a hair strand?  So far, DS creates one curl with the strand of hair, and it buries most of the hair in the scalp.  If I comb it to length, it resets the curl setting and makes the hair straight.  I'm looking for results like this product from the Shop.  It doesn't look like they achieved this with the comb.  I can't buy the styles I'm looking for because no one has made them.

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I think for men you can use Jepe's Roderick for Genesis 8 Male as far as the anatomical elements. It has the bonus of being in the DAZ Store. For Genesis 9 you need you need Sandor HD for Genesis 9. There are also products by PedroFurtadoArts in the DAZ Store. For 3D females noone to my surprise has every mentioned the practical embellishments added as Jepe & PedroFurtadoArts have done and I think they would have if it were so, so I do thing you have to go to other sites and I'm only aware of the one, there me be others.

For a nice auto-generated landscapes look for Howie Farkes in the DAZ Store.

D.Master has done face and body musculature enhancements.

Zev0, RiverSoftArts, and SickleYield has done many extensions of 3D models / DAZ Studio.

Fluid Simulation is FluidOS in the DAZ Store.

DAZ Studio itself has SBH as in Stand Based Hair for free in DAZ Studio.

And there are other addons like FaceTransfer and such that are in the DAZ Store.

One of my favorites, if not the absolute favorite in all this in the DAZ 3D store  is the FACS work done by Faux2D, eg MetaMixer. You buy it as an add-on for Genesis 3 / Genesis 8 / Genesis 8.1 and it's directly integrated into Genesis 9 for free. Absolutely great. I have not tried Genesis 9 FACS as extensively as Genesis 8 / 8.1 so I don't know if it's as good but it is there but built in and face. It's missing the external control rig made by Faux2D in MetaMixer.

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 421

I would suggest Renderosity for anatomy and related. Fare warning, there is some wierd stuff their. Meipe and his Dictator for Gen8M and Gen9M, and Golden Palace Gens for the Females are solid, though I can only speak to their impact on dforce simulations which is what I use them for.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited January 2

fearthefailure said:

Where's a reliable and trusted source of third party add-ons?  I've determined that some, if not all, developers are using third party content to achieve certain results.  An example is, uh, functional anatomical elements.  Another example would be a variety of areola skins.  For what I need in my game, I'm pretty sure I can't find all of that in the Shop due to the highly graphic nature of that content.  I've had no luck, so I'm guessing there's a bit of red tape the Daz crew has to contend with.

Nearly all 3rd-party anatomical element add-ons are on Renderotica site (search by Meipe, 3feetwolf, LexaKiness, etc). As for areola skins, search by Twizted Anantomical Detail, a good series of products on Rendo.

Also, does anyone know how to create braids, waves, or easiy create multiple curls down the entire length of a hair strand?  So far, DS creates one curl with the strand of hair, and it buries most of the hair in the scalp.  If I comb it to length, it resets the curl setting and makes the hair straight.  I'm looking for results like this product from the Shop.  It doesn't look like they achieved this with the comb.  I can't buy the styles I'm looking for because no one has made them.

There're some "limitations" in Strand-based Hair Editor for the users to make long curly hair... "PA version" SBH Editor and related tools / functionalities are more powerful especially the curly morphs made with external applications could be imported to update SBH geometry. A typical curly SBH example, like this - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-xyz-adorable-curly-hair-for-genesis-9

For other high-quality curly hairs make by OOT, Linday, and other PAs... if I remember correctly, they were mostly made with XGen, Ornatrix, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by crosswind on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

lorddayradon said:

I would suggest Renderosity for anatomy and related. Fare warning, there is some wierd stuff their. Meipe and his Dictator for Gen8M and Gen9M, and Golden Palace Gens for the Females are solid, though I can only speak to their impact on dforce simulations which is what I use them for.

I don't think you mean Renderosity i think its Renderotica

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

nonesuch00 said:

One of my favorites, if not the absolute favorite in all this in the DAZ 3D store  is the FACS work done by Faux2D, eg MetaMixer. You buy it as an add-on for Genesis 3 / Genesis 8 / Genesis 8.1 and it's directly integrated into Genesis 9 for free. Absolutely great. I have not tried Genesis 9 FACS as extensively as Genesis 8 / 8.1 so I don't know if it's as good but it is there but built in and face. It's missing the external control rig made by Faux2D in MetaMixer.

Just to be clear, Faux2D's MetaMixer and their FACS tool (https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3--8-face-controls) are separate products. MetaMixer is for customizing the appearance of a character; it's some workflow tools and hundreds of morph targets. The FACS tool is for creating expressions. Genesis 8.1 and 9 have FACS-based facial parameters out of the box.

• Thanks for all of the help and suggestions, everyone!  I'm going to be checking out everything that's been presented so far.  Please feel free to send more!

My bad for the mistake, Richard.