Anyone know why "FN John HD for Gen 9" won't export to CC4?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,225

Anyone know why "FN John HD for Gen 9" won't export to CC4?

Thanks for any suggestions and help on this one. smiley

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,225

I figured it out, I needed to change the subD level from 3 to 2.

Thanks anyway peeps!

Now I can't get "KOO Jamal HD for Gen 9" to import from Daz to CC4...

edited January 2

RexRed said:

I put Jamal's textures on a different Gen 9 figure and morphed Jamal's head and body to the other Gen 9 figure and was able to import him to CC4.

Not sure why Jamal would not export to CC4 as is.

Not sure why Daz eyebrows and hair lose their textures during import to CC4...

And nearly all clothes join between the legs on Gen 9 figures in CC4. The weight maps have a problem and the solution has been to spend hours per clothing item repainting the weight maps.

There should be a way to replace the weight maps on Gen 9 figures with CC4 compatible ones... 

...and why do the eyebrow shapes come embedded into the figures face in CC4?

Gen 9 eyebrow shapes.jpg
    963 x 409 - 58K
    Post edited by RexRed on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

RexRed said:

RexRed said:

I put Jamal's textures on a different Gen 9 figure and morphed Jamal's head and body to the other Gen 9 figure and was able to import him to CC4.

Not sure why Jamal would not export to CC4 as is.

Not sure why Daz eyebrows and hair lose their textures during import to CC4...

And nearly all clothes join between the legs on Gen 9 figures in CC4. The weight maps have a problem and the solution has been to spend hours per clothing item repainting the weight maps.

There should be a way to replace the weight maps on Gen 9 figures with CC4 compatible ones... 

...and why do the eyebrow shapes come embedded into the figures face in CC4?

I assume you exported G9 to CC4 with FBX format. In fact I don't have CC4 but just used to be a user of iClone7 / CC3... but some manipulation with FBX has no big change.

- not sure either about losing texture, embedded texture or Collect in FBX work well in most cases....
    - if exporting with T-Pose, mesh in b/t legs might be "joined" as distortion...exporting with A-pose or physics simulation in iClone may improve it.
    - as for eyebrow shapes... if you mean eyebrow shapes on G9 itself, FBX bakes the shape as default but you may try to define rules for exporting morphs rather than baking the morphs...

Just for your reference. Good luck!