Newbie here: I do not understand this product, does anyone have hints and/or a read me?

shooinffsshooinffs Posts: 0

Happy New Year, folks.

I do not understand why it's not mandatory for all products to come with a "how to use" read me file, even just a short one. Maybe it is and I just can't find the read me?

Anyway, I do not understand how to make this product work on my genesis 9 model. Sure, it loads in, but how do I make it appear on the model/in the render?

It's this one: Iray Sweat for Genesis 9 - https://www.daz3d.com/iray-sweat-for-genesis-9 ;

Any help is appreciated. If this is the wrong place to ask for help with products then I'm sorry, this is my first post and trying to figure out how to make this product work is doing my head in.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a content rather than an application question.

It is hard to give general "how to render like this" instructions since generally that depends on multiple different asptects, not all of which will be included in the product. This particular product contains two kinds of content, both of which add extra layers on top of the existing character's materials (so those are crucial) - Decals, which are nodes you position in the scene to enclose the target area and which project their own material on top of the model at (Iray) render time, and Geometry Shells, which wrap an extra layer of geometry around the model with its own material settings. The two do have their own folders, in the Content Library - products like this are often easier to use through a file-system view, rather than a view based on categorise, so if you are in Smart Content I would suggest right-clicking on oneof the files and selecting the option to show the asset in a mapped or virtual folder (which you get will depend on the installation method).

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924
    edited January 1

I don't have it.

But the product says it is geoshells (face sweat and blushing) and decals.

In order to use face sweat you should first load the geoshell (from the product) and then aplly the sweat material to the geoshell.

And this might be helpful for understanding of decals 

Post edited by felis on
  • DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 354
    edited January 2

shooinffs said:

Happy New Year, folks.

I do not understand why it's not mandatory for all products to come with a "how to use" read me file, even just a short one. Maybe it is and I just can't find the read me?

Anyway, I do not understand how to make this product work on my genesis 9 model. Sure, it loads in, but how do I make it appear on the model/in the render?

It's this one: Iray Sweat for Genesis 9 - https://www.daz3d.com/iray-sweat-for-genesis-9 ;

Any help is appreciated. If this is the wrong place to ask for help with products then I'm sorry, this is my first post and trying to figure out how to make this product work is doing my head in.

EDIT: SORRY! I hadnt realized the above thumbnail led to the video!!

Decals can be abit frustrating at first. There is a very good video on youtube that can help you

Sometimes, its abit easier when you see how things work and look when in use.
    Hope it helps

Post edited by DarkElegance on