Lost my DAZ Studio updating at 4.22

Studio disappeared in the process and no way to re-install it....I tried with IM, it shows my DAZ Studio 4.22 as "ready to install" but everytime I try, the process ends with a failure. I retry and I get same result.

I tried also unistalling DAZ Central and re-installing the IM, but nothing. I am currently unable to use Daz Studio, it is just vanished from my pc in the upgrding process :((

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

In DIM, click the settings (gear) icon in the upper right and choose "Show Helper Log" -- it will probably say a file couldn't be extracted.  It's probably being blocked by a security program -- I've seen the real-time version of Malwarebytes do this.  What security programs do you use?

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 107
    edited January 1

Fixmypcmike said:

In DIM, click the settings (gear) icon in the upper right and choose "Show Helper Log" -- it will probably say a file couldn't be extracted.  It's probably being blocked by a security program -- I've seen the real-time version of Malwarebytes do this.  What security programs do you use?

No security program except Windows Security......but:

My Daz Studio after every try is visible in the "INSTALLED" items with empty "date" and "-1k" as "size". If I try to uninstall, process is frozen at 0%

2024-01-01 09:50:40.533 [WARNING] :: Extract File Failed - : C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/avatar_sdk.dll

That is the only "warning" from my Helper log :( Any tips? Thanks in advance

Post edited by Venomisbeauty on

Temporarily turn off Windows Security:  Turn off Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security - Microsoft Support

Then try uninstalling and reinstalling Daz Studio.

• Fixmypcmike said:

Temporarily turn off Windows Security:  Turn off Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security - Microsoft Support

Then try uninstalling and reinstalling Daz Studio.

It worked, needing also to restart my pc!!!! Thanks a lot, you just made my day :)))

Great!  Make sure you turn security back on.