Daz3D to Blender Bridge Installation for Blender 4.0

Obviously, I'm having problems with the Daz3D to Blender Bridge Installation for Blender 4.0, specifically. I assumed there would be some information on this by this point. When you try to run the installer from within Daz, it only lists up to version 3.6, and manually pointing it at 4.0 in AppData\Roaming sets off a warning, and the add-on is not detected by Bleder 4.0. So, that's as far as you can get following the tutorial. Does it just not work in 4.0? I can install it to a much older version still lingering on my computer, but it'd be nice to have it up inthe version I currently use.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

It works for 4.0. Just select "Custom Addon Path" and specify "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons" after clicking Installing Plugin button. Then enable it in 4.0...

SNAG-2024-1-1-0016.png
    508 x 602 - 64K
    SNAG-2024-1-1-0017.png
    816 x 674 - 70K
    SNAG-2024-1-1-0018.png
    992 x 1398 - 273K
  • where can i find it because i didnt see it 

• pgtest70pgtest70 Posts: 0

Guess Win 11 plays tricks here.

Have a Local account (not Logged in to the net)... Adding to Roaming does NOTHING... and when trying to add to C:\Program\...Blender\4.0\scripts\addons gives an error.

But installing to roaming first... and the cut DTB library from Roming library into C:\Program\...Blender\4.0\scripts\addons (and allowing thje files to be copied... system warning) THEN it shows up in Blender.

It least it worked for me... Roaming profile does not seem to work for Local Accounts... (   WONDER WHY ;-)     )... since Local user accounts does NOT roam at all).

Another quirk of  all "need" to be connected (according to some software companies... )

• pgtest70, Would love to know how you figured that one out. It worked for me following your information. Thank ;you.

• avmorganavmorgan Posts: 205

crosswind said:

It works for 4.0. Just select "Custom Addon Path" and specify "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons" after clicking Installing Plugin button. Then enable it in 4.0...

I don't remember what I did to get it working, but since what I did worked I never checked back on this before now. Thanks for your response. I hope it's helpful for anyone else who reads this thread.

• crosswind said:

Thanks friend, it worked here, I was putting it in the wrong directory, now it works, thank you