Mystery Folder wont go away.....Still

lstubbs2lstubbs2 Posts: 38

I still cannot get rid of the folder that returns regardless of what I do.....

I renamed a folder after a week of having Studio...This folder contains is called "D-tater"...it contains a "Content"...an "Application" and a "Data"  folder...(Pic enclosed)

I use windows !! 64bit...I have checked and altered the Content Manager...the DIM intall Defaults....I have wiped DAZ from my system and re-loaded it from a different acct.

I have checked the AppData file in Public Documents...

The only thing I cannot alter is the Content Installation Folder in DIM...it will not change from C; drive to D; drive as will all the other settings there....

this folder [messes up] a lot of my content up as it starts splitting the content locations......

I need some help due to my Noobishness in both DAZ...and apparantly Windows operation....

(Although I have learned FAR more about folders and file structure than 3D Modeling since I started this)

Screenshot 2023-12-31 214433.png
834 x 609 - 73K
Post edited by lstubbs2 on

Comments

• What picture? It sounds as if the "mystery folder" is set as a content diectory, in whichc ase (if you don';t twant the files it holds available to DS) right-click on it and select Remove Base Directory. Add a new content directory in DIM, set that as the default, and you should be able to edit/remove the one on C:.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,418

Huh?

• lstubbs2lstubbs2 Posts: 38

this is the file structure I get right after new install after complete wipe....all the Content Manager setting are correct....all the DIM setting are correct.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 174948.png
    810 x 949 - 71K
  • lstubbs2lstubbs2 Posts: 38

This D-tater file is not in listed in the Content Manager...that pathway is listed as correct...with no other pathways there.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 214433.png
    834 x 609 - 73K
  • That looks like a bad install - those are actually folders, now that I can see the images, and the D-tater folders in in C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/ - along with a bunch of other files. Anything there that is in the Data or runtime folders simply won't found, so in all probability the files won't work. The folder was npt created by DS or a Daz content installers, so uninstalling those won't clear it out.