[Released] Typi3D plugin: fonts to 3D mesh (Windows, and now MacOS version)

2»

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,298

The Beta should be identical to the DS4.21.0.5 General Release. Unfortuntely I don't have installers for that General Release and my PC can't work with versions beyond it (according to Richard Heseltine in another thread which I can't find right now).

I do have DS4.9 though - I'll try that and see what happens (again will take a while as it's installed on my other PC). 

Alberto said:

MelanieL said:

Alberto said:

MelanieL said:

Sorry for the delay - here are the files you want (I hope)

Don't worry. They're the correct files.

I didn't find anything wrong in the Typi3D logs. There is nothing also in the DS log.

You said you got a Daz Studio error message (the number 3 in your sequence of events). Normally, these messages can saved as zip files (for example, "DAZStudio_error_report_230412-215812.zip") Could you retry and upload the error report, please?

OK. I reinstalled and started Daz Studio and got the error message in attachment 1.

There was  no direct option to create an error report, so I went into Windows Action Center and the error is shown in attachment 2.

I selected the option to "View a temporary copy of these files" and got a folder in my tempdata which I zipped up to attach here but I think it may be too large as the forum page just hangs at "Uploading..."

ETA: I've PM'd you a link to get it from Dropbox.

I downloaded the zip from Dropbox, but it didn't give me a clue about the problem.

However, you're using the Daz Studio Beta version 4.21.0.5. Could you try the Daz Studio General Release (any version you have)?

Turns out it is DS4.6 that I have installed. I reinstalled the plug-in and tried it there - exactly thre same result.

Typi3d-Capture-DS4-6.jpg
    639 x 480 - 49K
  • 4.6 is really old, it may well be that the plug-in has used some newer features of DS (the SDK hasn't been updated, but there are ways to trigger new features even so).

edited February 18

Richard Haseltine said:

4.6 is really old, it may well be that the plug-in has used some newer features of DS (the SDK hasn't been updated, but there are ways to trigger new features even so).

Richard, Alberto asked me to try it on any General Release version that I happen to have, so that's what I did. (His earlier post in reply to someone else's question said it should work on v4.5+)  My actual problem is using it on the DS4.21.0.5 Beta (see first page).

ETA: I don't want to lose v4.6 because it still works for 3Delight renders using Advanced spotlights, distant lights, etc. I have been using a Beta (currently the 4.21.0.5) for years rather than install a different General Release.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

MelanieL said:

Richard Haseltine said:

4.6 is really old, it may well be that the plug-in has used some newer features of DS (the SDK hasn't been updated, but there are ways to trigger new features even so).

Richard, Alberto asked me to try it on any General Release version that I happen to have, so that's what I did. (His earlier post in reply to someone else's question said it should work on v4.5+)  My actual problem is using it on the DS4.21.0.5 Beta (see first page).

ETA: I don't want to lose v4.6 because it still works for 3Delight renders using Advanced spotlights, distant lights, etc. I have been using a Beta (currently the 4.21.0.5) for years rather than install a different General Release.

I sent you a PM. 

Alberto said:

I sent you a PM. 

OK I tried the test version and here's the new log file. It's a few lines longer than the old one, but whether it helps I don't know.

txt
    txt
    Typi3D.txt
    edited February 21

Latest trial removing most plug-ins (see attached images) and latest DS log file.

See my latest PM for more and a question.

DS-Plugins-Disabled-A.jpg
    626 x 947 - 67K
    DS-Plugins-Disabled-B.jpg
    622 x 913 - 62K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt

New test version run (details of the results in PM)

Here are the DS and Typi3D logs.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    txt
    txt
    Typi3D.txt

Result with two fonts removed.

txt
    txt
    Typi3D.txt
    txt
    txt
    logEngine.txt
    edited February 24

Thank you so much for taking so much trouble over my (apparently isolated) problem.

Here are the log files in case they are useful.

Typi3D Success.jpg
    768 x 576 - 109K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    txt
    txt
    logEngine.txt
    txt
    txt
    Typi3D.txt

MelanieL said:

Thank you so much for taking so much trouble over my (apparently isolated) problem.

Here are the log files in case they are useful.

You're welcome! Thank you for your patience. smiley

I'll update the plugin to avoid the problem for anyone else. It could take some weeks to be available to the users.

Thanks, you're the greatest!

• savoy02savoy02 Posts: 4

Hello!

I just purchased this your Typei3d plug-in, but I didn't get a serial number, not in DIM nor my Serial Numbers page. I'm not sure if I need to contact you or Daz.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,216

savoy02 said:

Hello!

I just purchased this your Typei3d plug-in, but I didn't get a serial number, not in DIM nor my Serial Numbers page. I'm not sure if I need to contact you or Daz.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You will need to open a ticket - generally, if the tool is using the daz serialisation system, the PA has no control over it.

• savoy02savoy02 Posts: 4

Thank you! I've opened a ticket.

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited April 6

Webdings/Wingdings/Dingbats font only showing frames: Typi3D (Fonts to 3D)

I want to make a shop logo.  I have used a TTF font for the text but although Wingdings and Webdings are showing in the list of fonts, I see only ROUND FRAMES on all the letters, lower and upper.

Also tried another dingbat font which is installed and show also in list, but it's doing the same.  How can I use this as all TTF fonts should work?  How to add any symbols in TTF font format?

This Typi3D is new and I am trying it out.

Any help is much appreciated,

Laura

COPIED FROM THE COMMONS.  Someone suggested I ask here rather.

Post edited by launok on

launok said:

I want to make a shop logo.  I have used a TTF font for the text but although Wingdings and Webdings are showing in the list of fonts, I see only ROUND FRAMES on all the letters, lower and upper.

Also tried another dingbat font which is installed and show also in list, but it's doing the same.  How can I use this as all TTF fonts should work?  How to add any symbols in TTF font format?

Laura

Hi Laura:

The library used by Type3D is FreeType, but unfortunately, it isn't compatible with a few fonts like symbol, weddings, and windings (you'll see only the frames). 

The documentation at http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/step1.html says "For some fonts like symbol fonts, no Unicode emulation is possible at all."

However, you can use a Word processor (or similar) to choose the special characters of many Fonts. Insert them in the processor and copy-paste them to Type3D (using the corresponding Font).

edited April 9

Alberto said:

launok said:

Laura

Hi Laura:

The library used by Type3D is FreeType, but unfortunately, it isn't compatible with a few fonts like symbol, weddings, and windings (you'll see only the frames). 

The documentation at http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/step1.html says "For some fonts like symbol fonts, no Unicode emulation is possible at all."

However, you can use a Word processor (or similar) to choose the special characters of many Fonts. Insert them in the processor and copy-paste them to Type3D (using the corresponding Font).

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your reply.  I just remembered yesterday about a text tool for Bryce 7 called Elefont by Armanisoft and it work still.  It can open all fonts, including dingbats, happily.  Have to open it in Blender and export as an OBJ to use in Daz Studio.

Need to practice Type3D tool more in Daz Studio as I only get it recently.

Regards,

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited April 12

launok said:

Alberto said:

launok said:

Laura

Hi Laura:

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your reply.  I just remembered yesterday about a text tool for Bryce 7 called Elefont by Armanisoft and it work still.  It can open all fonts, including dingbats, happily.  Have to open it in Blender and export as an OBJ to use in Daz Studio.

Need to practice Type3D tool more in Daz Studio as I only get it recently.

Regards,

Laura

Here is a very quick render with the Typi3D tool used on both the signages in the scene.

The dingbats is imported as obj's where I used the Elefont tool for Bryce as mentioned before here.

Laura

AEMI SHOP 6.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 217K
    Post edited by launok on

The MacOS version of Typi3D is now released!

https://www.daz3d.com/typi3d-fonts-to-3d--macos-version

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 463K
    popup_05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 173K
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited July 14

I have installed this plugin on 4.21 and then alternatively on 4.22 because it wasn't working.

On start up, 4.21 tells me it can't load the plugin, a message I don't get when starting 4.22.

In neither version did I have the option to enter a serial number (there is no space for entering a serial number). The check box is just red in 4.22 and in 4.21 it is green, but also no space for entering a serial number.

I was able to access the interface on both versions of Studio, so the install seemed to work (I guess ?).

In 4.22, I get the dialogue box to create a node, but after I have entered a name for the node, nothing happens. I can't type into the box, nor chose a font in 4.22 or change the paramters, but I can change the font directory.

In 4.21, I can type something into the box and move the parameters, but can't create a node, chose a font, nor change the font directory.

So, in both cases, I can't generate any 3d fonts (or anything) ... I guess all of this (regardless of 4.22 or 4.21) is because I can't enter a serial number?

I was really looking forward to using this (even paid with only 30% off the product) and am very disappointed about this problem.

I am on a M1 MAC 11.4 if that makes any difference.

Post edited by mcorr on

mcorr said:

I have installed this plugin on 4.21 and then alternatively on 4.22 because it wasn't working.

On start up, 4.21 tells me it can't load the plugin, a message I don't get when starting 4.22.

In neither version did I have the option to enter a serial number (there is no space for entering a serial number). The check box is just red in 4.22 and in 4.21 it is green, but also no space for entering a serial number.

I was able to access the interface on both versions of Studio, so the install seemed to work (I guess ?).

In 4.22, I get the dialogue box to create a node, but after I have entered a name for the node, nothing happens. I can't type into the box, nor chose a font in 4.22 or change the paramters, but I can change the font directory.

In 4.21, I can type something into the box and move the parameters, but can't create a node, chose a font, nor change the font directory.

So, in both cases, I can't generate any 3d fonts (or anything) ... I guess all of this (regardless of 4.22 or 4.21) is because I can't enter a serial number?

I was really looking forward to using this (even paid with only 30% off the product) and am very disappointed about this problem.

To enter a serial number, go to the Daz Studio menu  Help -- About Installed Plugins. On the emerging window, you'll get the list of plugins, with boxes for entering the Serial Number for those needing registering. Search for Typi3D: fonts 2D to 3D, enter the Serial Number (from http://https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers in your account), and click on OK (at the bottom of the window). Then restart Daz Studio to get the Typi3D working.

edited July 14

Alberto said:

mcorr said:

To enter a serial number, go to the Daz Studio menu  Help -- About Installed Plugins. On the emerging window, you'll get the list of plugins, with boxes for entering the Serial Number for those needing registering. Search for Typi3D: fonts 2D to 3D, enter the Serial Number (from http://https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers in your account), and click on OK (at the bottom of the window). Then restart Daz Studio to get the Typi3D working.

I told you that there is nothing in those spaces (in About Plug-ins, which has Typi3D listed), no serial number fill-in space for Typi3D, so nothing can be entered there. I said that the check box is either green or red (depending on Studio version number), but neither version of Studio offer a fill-in space for serial numbers. I hope this is clear now.

I tried everything on a different MAC with 4.22 .... same problem: red box, no serial number entry option.

Post edited by mcorr on

I got it to work ... has nothing to do with serial numbers .... I needed none.