Free: Opening Night outfit for Genesis 9 (female base)

perlkperlk Posts: 847
edited December 2023 in Freebies

Happy new year! I always want to give a Christmas present to the community, but unfortunately real life has gotten in the way of art... so you'll have to settle for a new year's gift!

Opening Night outfit is roughly based on one of the two outfits shown in Erte's "Opening Night" art piece. It's my first outfit for Genesis 9 and it was a bit tricky to model, so my apologies if you get loads of explosions. All I can say is best to model over 30 frames by using the included simulation settings (zero pose at frame 1, final pose at frame 30). You could model it in stages, too, to avoid cloth collisions. You can also try applying smoothing modifiers if it looks too crumply. 

Contains: poncho, skirt, shirt, vest, and beaded and fringed belt in two color variations. 

Now at DeviantArt and at Renderosity:

https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Free-Opening-Night-outfit-for-Genesis-9-female-1006215619

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96918/opening-night-outfit-for-genesis-9-female

promo.png
1029 x 1200 - 2M
Post edited by perlk on

Comments

• Got it and favorite it and thank you so much.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

You're welcome! It's up on Renderosity for anyone who prefers to get things there!

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Very beautiful and imaginative, perlk! Congratulations! yesyes

• Beautiful, Thank you Perlk!

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

I must say the poncho looked great for a free item and then I saw Perlk's other free content.

All are both wonderful and generous.

You're welcome, everyone! Happy new year! I'd love to see renders if you put any up.

smileyheartyes

Erte 5 by perlk.png
    836 x 1116 - 1M
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386

Thank you...this is lovely

AOBB said:

smileyheartyes

Oh, that looks so good!!!!

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846

perlk What an elegant outfit! Thank you for making such lovely things and sharing! heart I love your render for it - her facial expression is so demurely sweet.

AOBB's render is so cool! I decided I might as well do a DAZ doodle tonight with AOBB's Claire for G9 and the Erte 5 dress. Sorry AOBB. I meant to do a cliff render originally?! But somehow it got turned into a pedestal render too with a similar scheme... blush I guess your render exerted an influence I couldn't resist? wink

I wasn't very brave with the posing for fear of dForce (and for the same reason left the poncho for another time). I did however get brave and use a wind node to blow it gently back! Okay, now I realize I forgot the belt too in my focus on using the timeline and dForce... blush

@SapphireBlue - I think perlk's Erte-style outfits beg for an art deco-style setting. Preferably one that is like Jepe's art deco settings for statues. I would guess that you simply followed what the outfit "begged" for and so did I. No wonder we landed in the (almost) same stylistical spot. Anyway - well done as usual! yessmiley

SapphireBlue said:

perlk What an elegant outfit! Thank you for making such lovely things and sharing! heart I love your render for it - her facial expression is so demurely sweet.

AOBB's render is so cool! I decided I might as well do a DAZ doodle tonight with AOBB's Claire for G9 and the Erte 5 dress. Sorry AOBB. I meant to do a cliff render originally?! But somehow it got turned into a pedestal render too with a similar scheme... blush I guess your render exerted an influence I couldn't resist? wink

I wasn't very brave with the posing for fear of dForce (and for the same reason left the poncho for another time). I did however get brave and use a wind node to blow it gently back! Okay, now I realize I forgot the belt too in my focus on using the timeline and dForce... blush

This looks amazing! Well done!

One thing to note, I realize now that fitting the shirt with the belt, it overlaps slightly, so if you have a "T" shape pose, it sticks to the belt. I dealt with this by simulating the top separate from the belt. Also adding a smoothing modifier to make the shirt look less blocky. 

In my next modeled outfit, I'll make sure I add the smoothing modifiers before I package it up.

edited January 9

This is the "T" shape pose...

take-a-bow-final.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 540K
    Post edited by perlk on

@perlk - Nice render! smiley Which character is it?

My only paid G9 character, lol... Hoping I win another contest so I can buy another one. I'm so terrible at texturing people, I need to buy them :-D

Now that you said it, I do see that it is Prudence. Thanks for letting me know.  I'm horrible at texturing people too. I only buy characters for their skin materials and body shapes. 

Well, now you have 20 (including Babyface) new characters to play with! laugh

Hurray!!!!

wink

• Thank you both! AOBB, you're right of course, those Erte-style outfits definitely push us towards the art deco styles for our render. Love that!

perlk Oh I love your render!! Just gorgeous! heartThat black texture looks stunning on Prudence and in that pose.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 240
    edited January 10

Many thanks for this lovely outfit. The attached are not great renders, but they do show that the outfit can also work with G8F!

m2.jpg
    2000 x 1475 - 1014K
    Post edited by Stargazey on

Thank you @SapphireBlue and you're welcome @Stargazey! Thrilled to see it works on G8F!