Shirley Hair Gen 3 and 8

wscottartwscottart Posts: 439

I have tried so many things to change the color of [Shirley Hair Gen 3 and 8] this hair, but it just will not show anything other than black. Using Daz 4.22.0.25 pro edition. I select the hair try to change the shader to iray uber base! still won't let me change color. I have applied Cai Iray legacy base material. Nothing this hair will not change color. What can I do ? Heck I even applied the monochromatic shader

Works perfectly fine in Daz 4.22.0.12 public build. Which makes me leary of installing the the 4.22.0.41 build.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a product questuion, not a Daz Studio topic, and added product name to body of post rather than having it appear only in the title.

Are the content directory settings the same in each? This was one of a number of products, mainly hairs, that were affected by a chnage in Iray - there was an update in January to fix it but it may be that, due to a difference in content diectories seelcted or their order, one version of DS is getting the unfixed file.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924

This? https://www.daz3d.com/shirley-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Wroks for me without issues in latest beta 4.22.1.41.

• So I examined the the content directory settings. Both versions pro and public builds point to the same directories. Went ahead and loaded the DazPro to 4.22.1.41 public build- Hair works in this version.

Daz Pro 4.22.0.15   (sorry typo in above not .25) definetely not working, and it is pointing to all the same directories. Cleared the temp file, and still the hair just renders black. Do i need to perhaps unintall 4.22.015 and re-install?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924

I am still on 4.21 in official release, so can't give any guidance for that.

• I ended up re-installing the public Daz and  Genesis 2 default resources which as far as I know has nothing to at all to do with the problem I am having here, but now after loading the hair and changing the shader to iray uber shader it is at least now allowing me to change the hair color. Funny it is still loading and working just fine in the beta with out changing the shader at all.

• wscottart said:

So I examined the the content directory settings. Both versions pro and public builds point to the same directories. Went ahead and loaded the DazPro to 4.22.1.41 public build- Hair works in this version.

Daz Pro 4.22.0.15   (sorry typo in above not .25) definetely not working, and it is pointing to all the same directories. Cleared the temp file, and still the hair just renders black. Do i need to perhaps unintall 4.22.015 and re-install?

Were the content directories also listed in the same order?

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 439
    edited December 2023

Yes, they are in the same order. This file was working prior to 4.22.0.15. Still working in the beta with both verions using and pointing to the exact same content. Actually the beta is working great as I can also use the blending files and they work with no deep thought.

Post edited by wscottart on
  • You mentioned content libraries, but could it be the the actual resource libraries? They do have different content in the system applications folders for each respective build. Could I copy the iray folder from the public beta (Where everything APPEARS TO BE WORKING) into other build? ALL the iray files in the working build appear to be dated 12/14/23, whereas in the non-working build they vary from 2017 to 2023. If that makes any sense.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 439
    edited December 2023

Persistance

I dug into the the program files of both the public build and the general build comparing files and copying from the public back (knowing thhe product works in the public-beta) to the general release 4.22.0.15 and finally go this product working.

The culprits were in the program files of each repsective build:  bin/shaderdl.exe, and bin/shaderinfo.exe (both files dated 12/22/23 in my beta folder) when copied over to the bin file of the general release wham bam thank you Shirley for working

Well the above sounded good then I noticed I was in filament mode  ughhhhhhhhh

Post edited by wscottart on
  • felis said:

This? https://www.daz3d.com/shirley-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Wroks for me without issues in latest beta 4.22.1.41.

Works great for me too in the beta, I just can't get it to work in the general release.

• I had the same issue with OOT hairs rendering as black. For me, the issue was caused by Nvidia's vMaterials shader set. Deleting those files solved the problem for me.