Reset animation timeline at a certain frame

I often use dforce with timeline to get clothes drape properly but when doing multiple scenes (such as panels in a comic) I need to keep adding frames and moving the timeline to use this technique. Is there a way to reset the timeline on a particular frame?

For example, let say I do a dforce simulation on timeline for frames 1-20. As it seems to be the case most of the time, the clothes explode at frame 20, but frame 18 looks good enough to me, so I can go with that. What I want to findout is, whether it is possible to reset the timeline such that whatever is the scene on frame 18 becomes frame 1 and everything else prior to that is cleared.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780
    edited December 2023

As per your case, technically, the commonly-used trick is

1. Select all keyframes at frame 18 (drag LMB to frame select...), copy / paste to frame 1.
    2. Go back to frame 18, select the clothing item, set its Resolution Level to Base in Parameters pane, export it to OBJ file.
    3. Go to frame 1, clear simulation result, import the OBJ file into the clothing item with Morph Loader Pro, with options: Reverse Dformations - Yes, Overwrite Existing - Delta Only. Then dial the morph.

SNAG-2023-12-28-0162.png
    700 x 855 - 44K
    Post edited by crosswind on