Cathy Hair and OOT Hairblending 2.0

Cathy Hair and OOT Hairblending 2.0:  

After customizing the hair I've saved it as a wearable and as a subscene. When I open the subscene or apply the wearable the ponytail portion of the hair changes color about mid way down the ponytail. I've tried several colors and blending options and the color issue persists every time I try to apply the wearable. In the attached pics "Cathy Hair 01" is when I first create the hair on the character. The other pics are of the applied wearable and/or opened subscene. Is this a known issue? Is there a way to correct it?

https://imgur.com/a/5WK6vEq

I've sent several messages to Daz support over the last few weeks and I have yet to hear back from them. I know... shocker! So I'm hoping one of the guru's here can help.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to post it.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,779
    edited December 2023
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Check this thread - probably the similar issue ~~

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/640521/weird-texture-issue-with-topmodel-updo-hair-and-oot-hairblending-2-0-for-genesis-3-female-s/p1

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and tried some of the suggestions... without success unfortunately. The suggestions did give me some possible work arounds for future issues. 

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
    edited December 2023

I too have problem with OOT hairs since upgrading DAZ, and DAZ seems to ignore it!  Think its a major problem icluding many hair styles.

Post edited by My 3D Spin on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    There are numerous post in the forum about the OOT hair shader error. The shader error used to be ignored in older Daz Studio versions, but recent versions are more demanding of proper usage. The problem is in the hair products, and you need to update them.
  • barbult said:

There are numerous post in the forum about the OOT hair shader error. The shader error used to be ignored in older Daz Studio versions, but recent versions are more demanding of proper usage. The problem is in the hair products, and you need to update them.

and make sure that you don't have any older versions of the file in another content diecotry, which may be found before the update, and that you install an updated product last. Connect maya ctually have a problem here as it keeps each product's files separate, so it may grab an older one not the fixed version - I had to manually swap to avoid this.

• Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

and make sure that you don't have any older versions of the file in another content diecotry, which may be found before the update, and that you install an updated product last. Connect maya ctually have a problem here as it keeps each product's files separate, so it may grab an older one not the fixed version - I had to manually swap to avoid this.

Thanks for the feedback. I just installed DS a couple months ago (4.22) and I purchased the "Cathy Hair" last month; which is the only version I have. I'm assuming the version purchased for Daz Studio has the latest textures... or maybe it doesn't?

• Purchased from Daz, and if you isntall though Instal manager or through Daz Studio you will get update notices - I don't recall anything very recent.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251
    edited December 2023

Cathy Hair has not been updated, but the problematic file is shared with all OOT Hairblending 2.0 products. If you have a newer one (from 2023), installing it should overwrite the older file. The initial fix was to remove the bitmap from the Transmitted color channel on all surfaces (except the hair cap, which uses a different shader anyway). 

ETA: Looks like it is the one and only that has not been updated, but as mentioned, any other Hairblending 2.0 product will install the correct shader code. Not the presets, but the underlying Hairblending shader itself.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • I have 12 different OOT hairs, that makes DAZ crash when i use Iray mode or render with the 4.22 update. I have contacted Daz techincal support several times without any response. I have tried deleting them and reinstalling them but to no avail. Anybody know what to do?? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

I have 12 different OOT hairs, that makes DAZ crash when i use Iray mode or render with the 4.22 update. I have contacted Daz techincal support several times without any response. I have tried deleting them and reinstalling them but to no avail. Anybody know what to do?? 

That depends on how you installed them. Did you see Richard's comments above regarding old versions in a different content library and issues with Daz Connect installation?
  • barbult said:

My 3D Spin said:

I have 12 different OOT hairs, that makes DAZ crash when i use Iray mode or render with the 4.22 update. I have contacted Daz techincal support several times without any response. I have tried deleting them and reinstalling them but to no avail. Anybody know what to do?? 

That depends on how you installed them. Did you see Richard's comments above regarding old versions in a different content library and issues with Daz Connect installation?

The problem file is shared, so if you do have an older version (a left over being found before the updated one, or an older product overwriting the updated file) then it will affect all of their hairs using that shader.

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
    edited January 1

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

My 3D Spin said:

The problem file is shared, so if you do have an older version (a left over being found before the updated one, or an older product overwriting the updated file) then it will affect all of their hairs using that shader.

So if i delete all my OOT products and then reinstall them wuld that solve anything?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • My 3D Spin said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

My 3D Spin said:

So if i delete all my OOT products and then reinstall them wuld that solve anything?

That depends why the older file is being loaded - if it isn't from a DIM installation then probably not. You could just go to the Surfaces pane>Editor tab, with the hiar seelcted, type transm into the filter box at the top, and then click the icon to the left of the colour picker to open the image menu and select None.

icuwhoami said:

crosswind said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/640521/weird-texture-issue-with-topmodel-updo-hair-and-oot-hairblending-2-0-for-genesis-3-female-s/p1

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and tried some of the suggestions... without success unfortunately. The suggestions did give me some possible work arounds for future issues. 

Okay, I reproduced the issue though I don't know the culprit for the time being... Just try this weird "trick", as attached SS.  Something would be refreshed to "fix" it.

SNAG-2024-1-2-0021.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M
  • icuwhoamiicuwhoami Posts: 0

crosswind said:

icuwhoami said:

crosswind said:

Okay, I reproduced the issue though I don't know the culprit for the time being... Just try this weird "trick", as attached SS.  Something would be refreshed to "fix" it 

Interesting trick. It works... and it saves some time not having to start all over again. Of course, the problem persists after saving/reapplying but it's a decent work around for now - Thx!

icuwhoami said:

crosswind said:

icuwhoami said:

crosswind said:

Okay, I reproduced the issue though I don't know the culprit for the time being... Just try this weird "trick", as attached SS.  Something would be refreshed to "fix" it 

Interesting trick. It works... and it saves some time not having to start all over again. Of course, the problem persists after saving/reapplying but it's a decent work around for now - Thx!

No problem ! I will continue to dig out the DSON files...