Store product without smart content

Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 121

I bought this set of Simulation Presets: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-master-hair-simulation-presets-for-dforce-cloth-engine

But after installation, I can't find it via smart content. If I right click it in the content tab, saying "Show Asset in Smat Content > Products", DS tells me "The chosen product do not provide categories which are required for navigation in the smart content pane". I've a very similar product(https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-master-cloth-simulation-presets) of the same vendor and never had any problems using it via smart content. Is this a bug in the installation(I already reinstalled it twice) or is this supposed to have no smart content categories? The product description says nothing at all...

Post edited by Mr_Fluffkin on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

Smart Content category should be "/Default/Shaders/Iray/Hair/Settings". Do you have the ususal content-type flashes on the assets (most are "Shader")?

• NorthOf45 said:

Smart Content category should be "/Default/Shaders/Iray/Hair/Settings". Do you have the ususal content-type flashes on the assets (most are "Shader")?

Nope, none of them. I guess I have to look for a tutorial how to apply Smart Categories onto them. Or I create Custom Actions for them. I was hoping it might just be an installation error, because the other product of the same product series has smart categories. Today my IM don't even work, I can't even login... Every day something new.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

All that info is in the metadata file in the Runtime/Support folder in the archive. It should get installed to the same location in your Library, like all the others. Make sure CMS is running when installing. It has turned off on me a couple of times in the past, and metadata will not get processed.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

You can re-import metadata from DIM or DS, then refresh the category.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,041

The ReadMe gives instructions on how to find and use the product. Look for SKU 49199, it is step by step.