Importing OBJ / FBX character models and using in DAZ (Solved)

plarffplarff Posts: 264

Hi All.

I've bought a few character/model packs from RenderHub. I have managed to import either the OBJ or FBX models into DAZ and applied each one's textures to the characters. It is a laborous project so i would like to do this and then somehow bake or combine or whatever the terminology would be to "mesh" together the model ot its texture.

Image attached you can see how it looks. My issue is. I save each model as a Subset scene and then just pop into whatever scene i need the subset to be in and save the overall scene. Then i moved that over from my "Work-PC" to my "Render-PC" to do the rendering. Of course now the Render-PC complains and says the textures are missing and i end up rending just a pink or white object and i have to Spot fix each rendered images afterwards. 

Surely the texture can be meshed with the Subset somehow so that i dont have to redo this.
Just for info the subset scene and textures / assets are all located on my NAS device to both PC's have access to them.

Thx.

imported model.png
1019 x 782 - 149K
Post edited by plarff on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,212

You should save your textures in a Daz Studio content library under Runtime/Textures/...

Then Daz Studio will use a relative path. If not stored in a DS library it will use an absolute path.

• plarffplarff Posts: 264
    edited December 2023

Hi Felis.

Thank you for answering. Currently i have Runtime/BG People folder. If this doesnt work then I'll do as you suggest.  Runtime/Textures/...

EDIT: Actually i see what you mean. Let me move it to location you suggesting.

Post edited by plarff on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308
    edited December 2023

If going for cross-PC rendering, better store tex. maps to your Daz Library / runtime folder on NAS first, then assign them to the surfaces of the figure... otherwise you have to assign them again...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

If going for cross-PC rendering, better store tex. maps to your Daz Library / runtime folder on NAS first, then assign them to the surfaces of the figure... otherwise you have to assign them again...

Hey. THat is what I am doing now. Before i never saved them to Runtime/Textures folder and the Render pc kept asking for them. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308

plarff said:

crosswind said:

Hey. THat is what I am doing now. Before i never saved them to Runtime/Textures folder and the Render pc kept asking for them. 

yessmiley 

Ok it works. So thank you guys.