Duplicate Formula Found solution?

Hey there!

After installing a new set of helper morphs for G8F (Sonsy Hip and Shoulder Helpers for Genesis 8 Female) from a third-party vendor, I've come across the dreaded duplicate formula error on a number of the morphs within the pack. I've attached a snippet of my log file containing the errors for reference (and in case I'm misinterpreting something with my thought that these errors are isolated to the new morphs and not linked to any others that I've installed).

By uncompressing and inspecting one of the offending .dsfs, it seems that I've found the source of the errors with most of them (duplicate formulas within each morph file) and would like to forward a "corrected" set of morphs to the vendor. However, I'm unclear as to how to best resolve the issue? Would I just go one-by-one with each of the .dsf files and remove the lattermost duplicate portions of the code like this following bit from the uncompressed .dsf?

{					"output" : "rCollar:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#rCollar?rotation/z",					"operations" : [						{ "op" : "push", "url" : "Genesis8Female:#Sonsy%20Master%20ARM%20RIGHT%20RAISE?value" },						{ "op" : "push", "val" : -10 },						{ "op" : "mult" }					]				},

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

txt
txt
Log File Snippet.txt
EXAMPLE.png
1217 x 903 - 26K

Comments

• Yes, that is a rare case of a duplicate ebing in a single file, rather than being a clash between two files. The problem is that if you remove the second formula it isn't going to work as intended. This should ideally be fixed by the original creator.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308
    edited December 2023

The author has already fixed the wrong  forumulas in the latest product package... Normally there's no way to save with duplicate formulas in a single morph asset file in DS... I presume the author edited dsf files for some reason or because of other occasions...

The author used to be here for a while months ago... see if she could chime in some time.

Post edited by crosswind on