HDRI's are blurry and low res

So I've bought about 5 HDRI packs and every time I load one into the environment map, it looks like garbage. It's blurry and low res. All tutorials online just skip right past this part because theirs work out of the box. Why is this always happening to me? I have had this issue since I started using Daz almost a decade ago and it's the main reason I never continued using Daz. I need to figure this out. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Blurry HDRI.png
873 x 734 - 614K

Comments

• I have realized by loading a preset from Smart Content that the HDR files are in my runtime folder. So, I guess I gotta go through and find them all.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 506

A few questions...

What packs did you buy?

Can you post a screenshot of the environment tab showing the settings?

How have you been adding them? Just using presets or doing it manually?

Have you tried any other HDRi images, like something from polyhaven?

• JamesDeal1982JamesDeal1982 Posts: 9
    edited December 2023

Chezjuan said:

A few questions...

What packs did you buy?

Can you post a screenshot of the environment tab showing the settings?

How have you been adding them? Just using presets or doing it manually?

Have you tried any other HDRi images, like something from polyhaven?

Yea, so I hate Smart Content. And I get a lot of Renderotica stuff, so I have made custom content folders, where I house ALL my files. I don't even see the base stuff that comes with Daz anymore since I don't go into those folders or Smart Content. That being said, I was using the HDRI files that were in the content folders, and I found out I need to be using the texture files that are in the Runtime folder. That seems to have fixed the problem. I just now have to go through 1000 runtime folders figuring out which ones are HDRI files.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on