Carrara is for all; Carrara is an easy to learn 3D software for hobbyists and general public

Carrar is unique 3D software that does it all.

I am not an Artist, but Carrara is one of the best and easy-to-learn software and is affordable, too, compared to Maya, Lightwave, Cinema 4D, and Max. The general public uses cell phones for mobile videos every day, and they can certainly take advantage of the power of Carrara. It would be awesome if the general public could get their hands on Carrara with quick-start videos for their personal or commercial projects. They do not have to be 3D Modelers, as DAZ has many 3D models to use; DAZ 3D and Carrara combined can be a great power in the hands of hobbyists or indies.

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

same thought when I found out carrara on the web; for indies DS+Carrara is a good choice yet, even for convincing animations. Carrara only needs few adjustments and a bunch of updates..and enthusiast coders too:)

following is a simple animation clip to show up carrara (setup, lighting and rendering) and daz studio (many models and animations) combined potential:

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

yesyes - two enthusiastic thumbs up.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

I Samuel said:

Carrara is unique 3D software that does it all ... They do not have to be 3D Modelers, as DAZ has many 3D models to use; DAZ 3D and Carrara combined can be a great power in the hands of hobbyists or indies.

Excellent points.  I have used Lightwave, Blender, Bryce, Poser, DAZ Studio and more, but to me none have the intuitive interface of Carrara.  And I am not a modeler, but I occasionally use Carrara's modeling tools to alter a purchased model.  E.g. chop off a piece I don't want, or want to use standalone, add a new surface area to texture, etc.  But mostly I do short animations, using Carrara's excellent Sequencer (animation timeline), including "Non-Linear Animation" (motion capture "clips" that can be reused, linked together, etc.) Here is a one minute example from years ago, using widely available and affordable Poser format content which loads directly from Carrara's Browser (no import needed):

• Thank you for your feedback @magaremoto @Steve K @Diomede!