dForce Chinese Hanfu Outfit - dForce explosion

NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 168

Hi there, I picked this outfit up today: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-chinese-hanfu-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Trying to use it results in dForce explosions, no matter how I try. So far, I've tried each piece on their own (explosion on all pieces), all pieces together, timeline sim, sim from memorized pose, different poses, dForce assistant on the model (I am using Xia, for G8), with and without floor. No hair or other items on the model. I hadn't updated my drivers, so did that, but same result. dForce is working just fine on everything else (both before and after updating drivers). After trying to sim this outfit, Daz goes very slow - adding something new to the scene causes Daz to outright crash. dForce on other items does not cause any lag or crashing. Any ideas? It's a very pretty outfit and I'd love to use it! :) Latest version of Daz studio, latest Nvidia drivers, Windows 10. Not sure what other info might be needed - thanks!

Post edited by Nerevarine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,850

I would suggest you firstly check that Button node under AH CHO Corset And Belt, hide it before Simulation (screenshot 1). I think the button has intersection with other surfaces while simulating. It may result in explosion ~~

And if Simulation on your side is pretty slow, you may turn off Enable Smoothing on them beforehand... Simulation will be much faster. Then turn them on after Simulation.(screenshot 2)

SNAG-2023-12-20-0037.png
    2017 x 1397 - 591K
    SNAG-2023-12-20-0039.png
    2016 x 1399 - 556K
  • crosswind said:

I would suggest you firstly check that Button node under AH CHO Corset And Belt, hide it before Simulation (screenshot 1). I think the button has intersection with other surfaces while simulating. It may result in explosion ~~

And if Simulation on your side is pretty slow, you may turn off Enable Smoothing on them beforehand... Simulation will be much faster. Then turn them on after Simulation.(screenshot 2)

Thank you very much! I managed to get it working with some settings someone kindly sent to me, but I'll try this next, too. I don't know if it will help, as it explodes even if only one part of the outfit is worn :( Thank you again, though - I appreciate you taking the time!