Tomcat For Genesis 8 Male, editing the fur/Hair too be shorter

Hello guys! I recently bought https://www.daz3d.com/tomcat-for-genesis-8-male

And I love it! But one thing I found is that the fur on the calf goes wild on my tiger character morph, because the fur is usually fluffy in that part than the rest, and it leaves something as the example shown, is there a way to edit the hair to be shorter? Like the rest of the fur?

I've never used hair before so I don't know how to do it, but any help is highly appreciated :)

Test.png
942 x 873 - 703K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308
    edited December 2023

Yes, for such a Strand-based Hair/Fur, you may:

-  either go to Surface tab, adjust Pre Simulation and Pre Render Segment Length and/or Length Amount to "shorten" the Lower Leg Fur
    -  or use dFormer(s) to "groom" the fur.

roughly as below SS ~

SNAG-2023-12-20-0030.png
    2009 x 1399 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-12-20-0031.png
    2014 x 1401 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-12-20-0032.png
    2011 x 1399 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-12-20-0034.png
    2009 x 1399 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

-  either go to Surface tab, adjust Pre Simulation and Pre Render Segment Length and/or Length Amount to "shorten" the Lower Leg Fur

roughly as below SS ~

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for the delay, well, I tried the first option, but it does not work... The hair does grow shorter, but the thing is that the rest of the fur on the leg disappears, and the second option... I have no idea have to do that, I don't see those D-Formers Thingys anywhere on the model or the fur

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308

mikelsebastian said:

crosswind said:

roughly as below SS ~

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for the delay, well, I tried the first option, but it does not work... The hair does grow shorter, but the thing is that the rest of the fur on the leg disappears, and the second option... I have no idea have to do that, I don't see those D-Formers Thingys anywhere on the model or the fur

You need to add dFormer youselft ~ https://youtu.be/UGt_AGiOPrs?si=OUNpHtDrv-z2HVM7

And while you adjusting PS/PR properties, you need to carefully set the value on you character. I just gave you an exmple with the values on a Base figure... I don't have the character you're using. The combo of using the above-mentioned ways might be better. Pls just have more experiments.

SNAG-2023-12-21-0040.png
    531 x 1399 - 100K