dForce simulation error with Messy Pixie Hair

I have experienced that simulation fails if Messy Pixie Cut Hair is in the scene

https://www.daz3d.com/messy-pixie-cut-hair-for-genesis-8-female

It gives an error message "Ertror preparing objects to simulate and collide".

And the log gives this entry:

2023-12-18 22:12:22.350 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2691): ERROR: clCreateBuffer (-61)

It gives the same error in 4.21 and latest beta.

I can't remember if I previosly have simulated that hair.

Any suggestions why it happens?

Comments

• With just the hair, a sphere, and a plane in the scene I get no issue simulating the plane.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Strange.

It fails as soon as the hair is visible when simulating. That is whether it is the hair alone, hair and character, or hair and plane...

I tried to uninstall and delete the packet, and the redownload and install. But the result was the same.

Same error each time.

It might be something specific related to my computer, but I can't imagine what, as it is DS giving the error message.

• Which driver? I am on 536.23

edited December 2023

I think I was on 536 something, probably 536.23.

When I noticed the problem I upgraded to 546.33, which didn't change anything.

The weird thing everything else seems to simulate.

Post edited by felis on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited December 2023

The product description does not say it is dForce hair. It says it is "fibermesh", but it might be Daz Strand-Based, but not intended to be simulated with dForce. I don't own this product, to test it.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

The product description does not say it is dForce hair. It says it is "fibermesh", but it might be Daz Strand-Based, but not intended to be simulated with dForce. I don't own this product, to test it.

I understood the issue to be the simulation of other items failing if the hair was present.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,250
    edited December 2023

Same issues on my side, with a couple of SBH...i.e. some work with Simulation, some don't. I'm on driver 537.99... will try 536.xx ~~ I remember they worked well with older driver... then submit tickets...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • No problems here simulating a single frame with the Messy Pixie Cut, V8, and an outfit. I didn't try an animation.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,250

butterflyfish said:

No problems here simulating a single frame with the Messy Pixie Cut, V8, and an outfit. I didn't try an animation.

Nvidia driver version of yours ?

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

I understood the issue to be the simulation of other items failing if the hair was present.

Correct.

It was not my intention to simulate the hair. It just happened to be in the scene, and made the simulation fail. 

• crosswind said:

butterflyfish said:

No problems here simulating a single frame with the Messy Pixie Cut, V8, and an outfit. I didn't try an animation.

Nvidia driver version of yours ?

546.01 Game Ready 

• Not sure what's the problem is.

I get the same issue.

Daz Studio is on 4.22
    Nvidia Drivers are Studio etc and 551.61

Funny enough I don't have issue in simulating other d-force products.

Have you wound a solution to the problem?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,550
    edited February 23

I own this hair and one thing I noticed is how heavy it is, slows my Daz to a crawl unless I make it invisible till render time. I rarely use it cause of how heavy it is. never tried a render scene with it, will give it a try and see what happens.

Ok I use Daz 4.21 and had no problem simulating a character, with clothes and the hair. I did notice after I had the preview off, when the simulated started it came back on again, yet did not interfere with the simulation.

I also tried with the hair just made visible and had no problem.

I guess I should point out, my Graphics card is an nvidia 650, which only has 1 gig of vram and my computer ram is 32 gigs.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on