Strange problem with D-Force, the skirt doesn't fold!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to DAZ and have been trying for a few months, but something like this has never happened to me.
DAZ recently updated to version 4.22, now if I go to apply this D-Force skirt it stays like this.

I can't understand why!
I applied it as I usually do and yet it stays that way, it doesn't go down with creases and it looks like pizza.
The correct video card appears in the Simulation/Advanced setup menu.

Is it a problem with the skirt that doesn't work well (but it's a D-force marked dress), has something been changed in version 4.22 or are there some parameters that have been reset?

Thanks to anyone who has a suggestion.

Romy

DAZ_problem.jpg
1040 x 1156 - 121K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,127

Which skirt are you trying to simulate?

This? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-christmas-isabella-crop-top-outfit-for-genesis-9-and-genesis-8-and-81-females

And are there any entries in the log?

• RomyRomy Posts: 4

Hi felis,
    thanks for the reply.
    Yes, the dress is Isabella Christmas.

I don't do anything extraordinary I simply applied the skirt to a static figure as I usually do, but once loaded onto the Gen 8 figure it stays like that, it doesn't fall on the hips as it should.

I have used D-force clothes other times but this is the first time this has happened to me

Which LOGs do I need to check, could you provide me with the path or sequence of steps?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,127

The log is in Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File. Newesy entries in the bottom.

I have just simulated it fine.

Does it come up with the simulation window, just nothing happens?

Hi felis,

I'll check what the LOG recorded later, thanks.

I expect that by applying the skirt to a static figure, therefore zero animation, zero frame, it should fall on the model already by itself.
    Do you also apply the simulation on a static figure without any pose?

It seems like there is something telling the skirt not to take the correct shape, as if it were flattened and weightless.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,850

You may also try - go to Simulation Settings pane, click Defaults, then Simulate again, see if it works or not ~

SNAG-2023-12-19-0024.png
    2560 x 1400 - 516K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,964

Romy said:

simply applied the skirt to a static figure as I usually do, but once loaded onto the Gen 8 figure it stays like that,

Do not understand your process, what do you mean by "static figure"? 

Thanks everyone for the advice!
    As soon as I get back I'll do all the checks and update you.

@crosswind
    I will try to Simulate after applying the Default, maybe I assumed that the default was not necessary to apply it. 

@PerttiA
    By static figure I mean a freshly loaded Genesis 8 figure, in its default pose and with no further settings or animations.

Hi guys,
    running a simulation this message came out.

It's as if the video card was lost but appears correctly in the other menu.
    I don't know if it was caused by the update to 4.22

For the moment it seems to work again, in case I will come back here to update you if it doesn't work.

Thank you all.

DAZ_pop.jpg
    1101 x 1174 - 168K
  • Romy said:

Hi guys,
    running a simulation this message came out.

It's as if the video card was lost but appears correctly in the other menu.
    I don't know if it was caused by the update to 4.22

For the moment it seems to work again, in case I will come back here to update you if it doesn't work.

Thank you all.

An update on the DS or driver side may require the kernels to be recompiled, and possibly switching the OpenCL device in the Advanced tab of Simulation Settings, but it shouldn't generally happen otherwise.