Trouble transferring Materials with RSSY Clothing converter G8 to G9

The scrupt transfers the outfit but not Materials or Dforce settings for that matter. So I go back to select material files so i can transfer  or convert them to the new directory for G9 and it gives error message "No Clothing Files Added" and instructs me to check some option boxes whitch I do, but it does not convert material files for the dress, it just transfers it without any features as intended.

Comments

• bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149

bfarber2011 said:

The scrupt transfers the outfit but not Materials or Dforce settings for that matter. So I go back to select material files so i can transfer  or convert them to the new directory for G9 and it gives error message "No Clothing Files Added" and instructs me to check some option boxes whitch I do, but it does not convert material files for the dress, it just transfers it without any features as intended.

I should mention that the name of the dress is dForce Sincerity Dress for Genesis 8 Female and after I looked it up I can see that the textures for it I purchased as a separate product which might explain why mats did not transfer - they were sold as a separate product. And than before completing my reply here I tried to convert another outfit that included mats with the product Imka Dress. And that outfit the scrupt does non seem to convert or save to a new folder at all. I tried it as save files, I tried it as save directory. It runs the scrupt but nothing happens.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,858
    edited December 2023

According to the product information on its page, it edits the metadata so that you can use the materials from Smart Content for both the G8 and G9 versions of your clothing. It doesn't copy the materials files themselves, and unfortunately, the product information page doesn't say that. The manual is also a bit unclear; it says that it removes materials files from certain types of conversion without explicitly saying that it will not copy materials files.

Anyway, to be clear, the script doesn't transfer materials files at all. It only alters the metadata in Smart Content so they can be used with the new version of the clothing. If you don't use Smart Content, you'll need to copy the materials files to your new directory yourself.

More information is available in the vendor's support thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/614111/released-rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-to-genesis-9-commercial/p1

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,850

That's right as vwrangler says. RSSY Clothing Converters (no matter which version) never transfer matetrial presets because the UV(s) of converted clothing has no change. You can just apply the original material preset from G8's product to the converted ones.

SNAG-2023-12-18-0021.png
    1965 x 1312 - 296K
    SNAG-2023-12-18-0022.png
    2560 x 1400 - 807K
  • bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149
    Thank you for making it clear guys!