4.22 Daz reverting Render Settings upon loading scene

Whenever I save a scene with the settings I want and reload it, Daz reverts the settings to the ugliest possible, which caused me the aliased edges issue. I don't know why Daz acts like this, so I have to manually recheck each scene to not get that long ugly render again.

There is no lock in the documents folder(where my scenes are saved).

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,702

Have you checked your Daz Studio Preferences (shortcut F2) to be sure you have NOT checked the box to ignore render settings when a file is loaded?

When you save the scene file, are you sure the box to save render settings is checked in the pop up dialog? The corresponding checkboxes in Preferences set the default values for those pop up checkboxes.

If you merge any other scene into your scene, that will change your render settings to the settings of the merged in scene in recent Daz Studio versions. Are you merging anything?

Screenshot 2023-12-17 142207.jpg
    797 x 706 - 62K
    Screenshot 2023-12-17 142024.jpg
    237 x 208 - 16K
  • barbult said:

Have you checked your Daz Studio Preferences (shortcut F2) to be sure you have NOT checked the box to ignore render settings when a file is loaded?

When you save the scene file, are you sure the box to save render settings is checked in the pop up dialog? The corresponding checkboxes in Preferences set the default values for those pop up checkboxes.

If you merge any other scene into your scene, that will change your render settings to the settings of the merged in scene in recent Daz Studio versions. Are you merging anything?

Ignore Render Settings is unchecked, and the Record Render Settings box is checked. Also, I'm not merging scenes or "opening as new", I'm only loading scenes(double clicking).

One thing though, if I set it to ignore render settings upon loading, it then uses the saved render settings?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,702

RenatoDias said:

One thing though, if I set it to ignore render settings upon loading, it then uses the saved render settings?

I've never used the ignore render settings upon loading, but I would guess that it uses whatever render settings are currently active in Daz Studio when you load the scene. 

• barbult said:

RenatoDias said:

I've never used the ignore render settings upon loading, but I would guess that it uses whatever render settings are currently active in Daz Studio when you load the scene. 

I understand. That would cause problems if you need several renders in sequence in different resolutions.