Import and scaling issues

I'm trying to import various free scenes from TurboSquid including this one but I'm having some issues getting it right.

Firstly, I can't quite get the right scaling when I import it. I'm wondering if there is a "correct" answer to what % to set the scaling to for these scenes. Googling has suggested anything from 1000% to 10,000% but I'm not sure what is right.

Secondly, the scene seems to not be flat with the plain in Daz (or in Blender for that matter). Instead, the floor of the scene is below where you'd expect it to be. Is there an easy way to correct this? See below:

Below plain

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,811

That'll depend on the software (or file format) with which the 3D assets were made.... Within Import Options dialogue box in DS, there're different options you may choose as per the software. You may try with them first.

If it's a *.blend file from Blender, you may first try with 1% of Scale (default UM in blender is Meter but Centimeter in DS) when exporting to OBJ or FBX formats, and import in DS with 100%.

As for the offset distance to the floor, an easy way is : group the items in the scene first, switch to Front View, Ctrl + D or manually move the group / assets to the right position. Export to OBJ(s) and re-import...

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

Step One: Figure out to what size and scale the product is actually built in its original software.

Step Two: Do the scaling maths.