[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
edited December 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Use your Genesis 9 clothing with your Genesis 8 and 8.1 characters! Convert almost your entire wardrobe of clothes using the new Clothing Converter from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 Female or the Clothing Converter from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 Male scripts! The Clothing Converter scripts provide batch execution for converting your Genesis 9 clothing to Genesis 8 and 8.1 clothing in your library. Easily select the wardrobe items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis 9 clothing to the new Genesis 8 and 8.1 clothing items.

Your new Genesis 8 and 8.1 wardrobe is completely Smart Content-aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 and 8.1 figure. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 9 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 and 8.1 item. Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit, produces vastly less distorted results.

The Clothing Converter script does not work with props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) and wearables (e.g., outfits). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button. It may also not work as well with high-heeled shoes because of problems with positioning the feet without turning on the Use Foot Dialog option during conversion.

The script may not be able to convert all clothing items without issues. Converted items may exhibit poke-through. Usually, this can be fixed by modifying the smoothing modifier.

Features

• Convert Genesis 9 Clothing items for use by Genesis 8 and 8.1 characters.
  • Convert Dresses, Pants, Shirts, Skirts, Shoes, etc. Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit to fit clothing to Genesis 8 and 8.1, produce vastly less distorted results.
  • Convert Accessories* (e.g., Hats, Belts, etc)
  • Copies icons from Genesis 9 clothing to Genesis 8 and 8.1 clothing for a professional look
  • Copies Smart Content Products! Converted clothing will be organized into similar products as the original items, with multiple converted items in one converted product and even using the original product image.
  • Converted Clothing is Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 9 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 and 8.1 items.

Note: Converting accessories are limited because the bone structure is too different between Genesis 9 and Genesis 8. By default, only accessories with metadata for the head or hip are accepted as these bones have the same name between generations. You can try to convert other accessories. Many accessories do not use the bone structure and will load and convert correctly. However, for accessories that attempt to load onto a missing bone, the accessory will load in the wrong location. Daz Studio may also become unstable and crash the script when trying to SAVE the accessory.

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_1.jpg
1300 x 1300 - 975K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 695K
popup_3.jpg
1541 x 1000 - 713K
popup_4.jpg
1541 x 1000 - 649K
popup_5.jpg
1500 x 1479 - 1M
popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_7.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_8.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
popup_9.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 995K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• And it is released!  Merry Christmas!

• @Riversoftart, Happy holidays! BTW, do you have any plans to release a G3 to G9 conversion? I would love that too!
  • FenixPhoenix said:

@Riversoftart, Happy holidays! BTW, do you have any plans to release a G3 to G9 conversion? I would love that too!

Happy Holidays @FenixPhoenix!  Probably, but it depends on Sickleyield.

• Keeping my fingers crossed and making eyes at @sickleyield then!
  • FenixPhoenix said:

Keeping my fingers crossed and making eyes at @sickleyield then!

LOL.  I have let her know.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,357

After having tried this a few times now, I'm finding this is taking about five minutes per clothing item, and the rigging I get at the end doesn't seem notably different from what I get if I just run the clothing through auto-fit/Transfer Utility.

Is it expected that it should take this long? Admittedly the final shape is less distorted than directly using standard autofit (although I already have a manual method that gets better results than standard autofit, and only really takes a couple of minutes), but for the end results I'm seeing, it still feels like it's taking longer than I would expect - I'm wondering if I'm running into some kind of issue (that's either bogging it down or causing some rigging transfer step it's trying to do to fail) or whether these are expected results.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

Matt_Castle said:

After having tried this a few times now, I'm finding this is taking about five minutes per clothing item, and the rigging I get at the end doesn't seem notably different from what I get if I just run the clothing through auto-fit/Transfer Utility.

Is it expected that it should take this long? Admittedly the final shape is less distorted than directly using standard autofit (although I already have a manual method that gets better results than standard autofit, and only really takes a couple of minutes), but for the end results I'm seeing, it still feels like it's taking longer than I would expect - I'm wondering if I'm running into some kind of issue (that's either bogging it down or causing some rigging transfer step it's trying to do to fail) or whether these are expected results.

This is Daz Studio slowing down because you have so much stuff.  As you add more and more content to your DS, the Save Prop/Asset takes longer and longer.  The script is still as efficient as ever; it is DS.  If you try DS on an emptier installation on another computer, you will see a marked difference. 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,357

Ah. Alas, if there's no fix to make it faster that isn't a complete hassle that involves having to muck around with library shenanigans, then I'm not sure how useful this is to me. I'll have to check if any of the templates are something I can access and use to improve my manual method, but otherwise that manual method is faster and generally provides me with results that work better for me.

Matt_Castle said:

Ah. Alas, if there's no fix to make it faster that isn't a complete hassle that involves having to muck around with library shenanigans, then I'm not sure how useful this is to me. I'll have to check if any of the templates are something I can access and use to improve my manual method, but otherwise that manual method is faster and generally provides me with results that work better for me.

Sorry, there is nothing I can do to make DS faster.  If you do a conversion on a new install of DS on a new computer, the script is plenty fast.

• clerianclerian Posts: 8

I'm trying to convert the https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-suit-outfit-for-genesis-9 to be compatible with Genesis 8 Female with https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-9-to-genesis-8. When it tries to convert the bodysuit, the progress window closes immediately, an empty node appears in the Scene window, no items can be deleted from the Scene, and attempting to quit DAZ3D results in an AccessViolation crash to desktop. Attempting to add items to the scene goes through the progress window, but no actual items are added to the scene.

On further investigation, it looks like there may be a hand accessory nested as a child to the bodysuit outfit. Is there some way I can save an alternate version of the bodysuit without the hands and still get all of the product's built-in smart content information?

clerian said:

I'm trying to convert the https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-suit-outfit-for-genesis-9 to be compatible with Genesis 8 Female with https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-9-to-genesis-8. When it tries to convert the bodysuit, the progress window closes immediately, an empty node appears in the Scene window, no items can be deleted from the Scene, and attempting to quit DAZ3D results in an AccessViolation crash to desktop. Attempting to add items to the scene goes through the progress window, but no actual items are added to the scene.

On further investigation, it looks like there may be a hand accessory nested as a child to the bodysuit outfit. Is there some way I can save an alternate version of the bodysuit without the hands and still get all of the product's built-in smart content information?

I am not sure on the save.  Save Wearable and set all the vender, etc correctly?

For the crash, could I see the log?  I would like to know what happened.