dforce dosn't work

Good evening everyone.
This is not the first time I have used a dforce model. Except that until now, I never felt the need to use simulation.

This time it's different. I was desperately looking for an Arab (Emirati) men's veil. Something that seemed so obvious to me to find that I was surprised it didn't exist anywhere.
I finally bought dForce Bliaut for Genesis 8 Female because the veil corresponds to what I want.

I find myself having to use the simulation for the veil. But the simulation, once launched, does not work.

I don't know if this information is useful. My current computer, quite recent, is more powerful than my old computer with which I also had problems with dforce simulations.

I am on PC W11 Intel core i5 nvidia geforce gtx

sim.png
1878 x 945 - 223K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,127
    edited December 2023

The window you are showing is just saying that DS is working - and not responding to Windows.

I just tried it on a female - worked fine.

It should be fairly quick to simulate. So there might be somethings with your settings.

If you go to Simulation > Advanced does it then list your GPU as device?

And is it only the veil you are simulating? - there might be other objects that has dForce enabled, and making DS busy. You could try selecting the veil in the scene tab, and in the simulation tab, click the burger menu (3 horizontal bars) and select 'simulate selected'.

Post edited by felis on
  • Which nVidia GPU? Does the simualtion just sit there at 0%? What do you see if you click History> in the progress dialogue - are there messages scrolling past?

• Indeed there was this setting that I was not aware of or saw.
    Thanks for the information.

Even after three or four years of use, I remain a novice and learn a little more as I want to carry out more complex jobs.