Iray Preview Error

My Iray preview will sometimes change out of nowhere to only look like the 'smooth shader'. When this happens I cant test lights etc and see what my scene looks like. Why is this happening? I have no idea how to change it back or what variable I toggled to cause this to happen. I dont want to have to render a scene just to see what it looks like for a quick reference. Thanks.

Comments

• That so8nds as if, for one reason or another, Iray is no longer responding. That used to happen sometimes but I haven't seen it for a while. Whata re your hardware specs, driver version, and settings for teh Iray drawstyle (Draw Settings pane)?

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 506

That sometimes happens to me. It seems to be when I am making a lot of texture changes and Iray has to keep reloading them. If I switch back to another view, such as Texture Shaded, then back to Iray it usually starts working again. Very occasionally I will need to exit and reload Daz Studio to get it to preview properly.

• Chezjuan said:

That sometimes happens to me. It seems to be when I am making a lot of texture changes and Iray has to keep reloading them. If I switch back to another view, such as Texture Shaded, then back to Iray it usually starts working again. Very occasionally I will need to exit and reload Daz Studio to get it to preview properly.

Yes, failing during checking alternative materials does ring a bell - I think if you keep half-an-eye on the status bar and don't make another change until it has passed the heavy lifting (transfering data pehaps) that the issue was less likely to happen.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That so8nds as if, for one reason or another, Iray is no longer responding. That used to happen sometimes but I haven't seen it for a while. Whata re your hardware specs, driver version, and settings for teh Iray drawstyle (Draw Settings pane)?

Im on a Macbook Pro M1max with 64 gigs of memory. Idk my driver version. 

Highllight style - bounding box and surface

bounding box edge length - %25/////active opacity - %30////inactive opacity - %100//// manipulation drawstyle - use current off//// subdivsion updates - delayed//// manipulation binding - optimized//// wireframe opacity - %100//// subdivision wireframe opacity - %10//// triangulation wireframe opacity - %0

I started a new project and it works there. I opened the broken one and it still doesnt work.

• Chezjuan said:

This has not worked for me. I loaded a new project with the same assets and it works fine. I load the old project and the iray preview still doesnt work.