dForce unused verts warning message.... this is new, or is it?

I've only just noticed a warning message on the bottom of my workspace when running a simulation that goes like this:

"Found 100 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Addie".  Removing unused vert(s) from sim".

Now, I've never seen this before or noticed it before any dForce simulation I've done with any character or any asset.  The sim runs fine, and all morphs work on Addie, so it doesn't seem that there could be anything wrong with the mesh of the character.  After all, it wouldn't ever have worked if that was the case.  Is this some bug or extra information in 4.22?

Thanks in advance,

Causam3D

Comments

• Causam3D said:

I've only just noticed a warning message on the bottom of my workspace when running a simulation that goes like this:

"Found 100 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Addie".  Removing unused vert(s) from sim".

Now, I've never seen this before or noticed it before any dForce simulation I've done with any character or any asset.  The sim runs fine, and all morphs work on Addie, so it doesn't seem that there could be anything wrong with the mesh of the character.  After all, it wouldn't ever have worked if that was the case.  Is this some bug or extra information in 4.22?

Thanks in advance,

Causam3D

This isn't new, though it was added (as I rcall) after dForce was first aailable (but possibly while still in beta). Isolated vertices (not part of a polygon or edge) can mess up simulation, so they are removed for that, but they are not removed from the base emsh as that would break rigging and morphs.