How to convert .daz to .duf?

RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

[How to convert .daz to .duf] that is, without having to use the wearable preset route? I bought this product which is for V4 and M4, https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-tunic-and-sashes, and need to convert it for G8F's use using a clothing converter, but the converter doesn't work on wearable presets.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

That is an Optitex outfit which doesn't work the same as other outfit types, it comes as a static mesh with Optitex dynamic coding and a Control Rig to help it pose with the figure it was built for.

Converting them is far from simple as even "AutoFit" doesn't start when you try to fit them.

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265
    Bejaymac said:

That is an Optitex outfit which doesn't work the same as other outfit types, it comes as a static mesh with Optitex dynamic coding and a Control Rig to help it pose with the figure it was built for.

Converting them is far from simple as even "AutoFit" doesn't start when you try to fit them.

Thanks, yeah that explains it cos I noticed that the rigging is different. Oh well

You might not be able to use a converter on it, but that doesn't mean it wont work on G8.

The attached image shows V4's Optitex Catsuit being worn by G8.1F

All I've done here is selected the outfits rig and hit Delete on my keyboard to remove it.

This put the mesh into it's default shape (an A-pose in this case)

Then I've adjusted G8.1F's arms and legs to get them inside the outfit.

Then used the Timeline pane to apply my final pose to G8.1F

Then ran an "animated" drape using the Dynamic Clothing pane (the basic version comes as standard in DS4) to get the result you see.

It might be possible to turn it into a conforming outfit that you could then use D-Force on, but I haven't tried it (yet) to find out.

Optitex-1.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 151K
  • RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

Bejaymac said:

You might not be able to use a converter on it, but that doesn't mean it wont work on G8.

The attached image shows V4's Optitex Catsuit being worn by G8.1F

All I've done here is selected the outfits rig and hit Delete on my keyboard to remove it.

This put the mesh into it's default shape (an A-pose in this case)

Then I've adjusted G8.1F's arms and legs to get them inside the outfit.

Then used the Timeline pane to apply my final pose to G8.1F

Then ran an "animated" drape using the Dynamic Clothing pane (the basic version comes as standard in DS4) to get the result you see.

It might be possible to turn it into a conforming outfit that you could then use D-Force on, but I haven't tried it (yet) to find out.

Thanks, though the method that you used seems like a workaround. If i'm making many images using this outfit, I'd have to do these stops again and again and it can be very time consuming. If only there was a way to really get the converters to work ..

Not a workaround, just the standard way to deal with Dynamics, even D-Force looks and fits better if you use an animated drape rather than a static drape.