Multiple Smoothing Modifiers? [RESOLVED]

OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
edited December 2023 in New Users

Is it possible to create 2 or more smoothing modifiers to ineract with a single object? I have Ghost Dynamics but can you create a scenerio in which two figures both seperately interact with one sofa or bed without Ghost dynamics? So far I can only have one figure create indentation on a bed, but why not two? Cheers.

Post edited by OminousAutumn on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    The Parameters pane only allows selecting one collision item (the figure in your example) per object (the bed in your example). You could use Mesh Grabber or a dformer to manually make an indentation in the bed, if the mesh density of the bed is adequate.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,272

I don't know if it would work, but you could try grouping two figures and setting the group as the collision item.

• ElorElor Posts: 734

Jay Versluis has a tutorial on the subject:

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,814

A simple way ~

With Collision Item set to Figure A, export sofa / bed to OBJ file and import as a "sitting morph for figure A" with Morph Loader Pro, dial it. Then set the Collision Item to Figure B. In this way, you can make multiple "morphs" on sofa / bed for multiple figures...rather than "merging figures".

SNAG-2023-12-13-0001.png
    2017 x 1397 - 460K
  • Gordig said:

I don't know if it would work, but you could try grouping two figures and setting the group as the collision item.

I tried this and had no luck. Thank you for the suggestion :)

• Elor said:

Jay Versluis has a tutorial on the subject:

Awesome thank you.