Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in LIE Editor

As illustrated in images below I try to layer a tattoo type of of image on a character in the center of a lover back, but once i reach that particular point, part of the image going forward disapears under the skin of the character. I tried mooving it in LIE Editor on a skin map from left to right and than from right to left, it still gets the same result. Someone knows what is missing here?

Comments

• Please don't post nude images without actual clothes, or zoomed in to not show forbidden areas, or textures at all.

If you tattoospans a seam then you will need it , probably distorted, on both sides of the seam - this can be quite tricky, as long as the area you are aiming at is fairly flat it may be better to usde an Iray Decal Node (from the Create menu) to project the image onto the model.

• bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149

Please don't post nude images without actual clothes, or zoomed in to not show forbidden areas, or textures at all.

If you tattoospans a seam then you will need it , probably distorted, on both sides of the seam - this can be quite tricky, as long as the area you are aiming at is fairly flat it may be better to usde an Iray Decal Node (from the Create menu) to project the image onto the model.

Thank you and sorry. I thought covering the areas with paint before posting was sufficient to follow the guidelines.

Please don't post nude images without actual clothes, or zoomed in to not show forbidden areas, or textures at all.

Also If I may ask you, once I went into Iray mode the G9 body mats disappeared off the torso surface after putting LIE on it.I have noticed this type of issue before when putting LIE presents on a G8 figure that belonged to a different G8 figure. Why could this happen and how can it be fixed do you know?
  • I am not sure - does the tattoo or whatever have a separate mask in LIE, or is it a PNG using the alpha from the PNG to mask? Is this only with Genesis 8 figures?

Yes there was a mask that i added to LIE to change color. Tried it again with a newly loaded G9 figure into the scene without a mask and it seems to work fine. Does not disrupt the mat. on the figure. Thank you for your help.