Help with this entry in error log?

DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356

I have been trying to render a scene. It will preview in NVIDIA preview(because I still cant spot render), but the moment I try to render...it aborts.
I have run scene optimizer. I have removed things. I have reduced render options...but this keeps showing up in the error log.
(not rendering particularly large, Smaller then the works currently in my gallery)

2023-12-11 23:39:15.760 [WARNING] :: D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborti

what causes this?
(P.S. I have nothing on my D drive. all daz files are either on C or E drive so this is confusing me even more than usual)
Thanks in advance

Just found a thread about this. I looked at the hair in the scene. Neither of them are OOT hairs. So not sure about that issue.

EDIT:
items in the scene:
Michaela HD for CJ 8
Short Wet Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s)

KuJ Sci-Fi Corridor (good portion of items removed to cut down render time)

SF Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Survival Instinct Boots for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

Modern Military Outfit for Genesis 8 Males

genesis 8 male

Montreal Flip Hair for Genesis 8 Male and Genesis 9

Military Tactical Weapons and Poses for Genesis 8

No extra lights. Using scene only.
Scene optimizer ran, excess displacements, normals etc removed. Texture maps reduced.

Post edited by DarkElegance on

Comments

• Do they use the OOT hair shader, even if they are not OOT hairs?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Do they use the OOT hair shader, even if they are not OOT hairs?

Cross post, I was listing the items in scene..
    Montreal Flip Hair for Genesis 8 Male and Genesis 9 is one hair
    The other is
    Short Wet Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s)

I have tried to use a different hair shader on them (a ColorWerks Hair Shaders for Iray) and it is still giving that error.

Removed montreal flip hair, it renders.

So that item is now useless? I changed the hair texture on it, so it seems to be the figure itself?

No way for me to use that hair now?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

You may send a ticket to report this bug of this hair and ask for a fix.

• crosswind said:

You may send a ticket to report this bug of this hair and ask for a fix.

will do

• DarkElegance said:

Richard Haseltine said:

So that item is now useless? I changed the hair texture on it, so it seems to be the figure itself?

Select the hair, select it again in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane (if it has multiple parts in the scene, you need to select all of them), type transm in the text box at the top of the Surfaces pane, click the little icon to the left of the colour picker for transmitted colour and select None. Try rendering again.

DarkElegance said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Select the hair, select it again in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane (if it has multiple parts in the scene, you need to select all of them), type transm in the text box at the top of the Surfaces pane, click the little icon to the left of the colour picker for transmitted colour and select None. Try rendering again.

The piece is finished now. But I will open the file and try that to see if it fixes it.

DarkElegance said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Right,
    Followed your steps. There are two transmit colours. Root and tip. The drop down, shows nothing selected as an image file.
    I made sure "none" was selected and tried to render. It aborted.
    I have also changed hair texture with two of the colorwerks packages and the backlight hairshaders for iray. The scene still crashed. 
    It seems it is not the texture, but the hair model.
    The moment I take it out, everything renders.