Automatically adding missing textures

Hi, I have bought a number of products from third-party websites and I am trying to import them into Daz3d for my renders. However, the issue is that the Export as Collada file (.dae) option in Blender seems to just export the basic textures without the normal, roughness, etc.

Is there any option within Daz3d to automatically re-link the missing textures in the .dae file? Alternatively, any product in the Daz3d store that can do that automatically?

If none of the above is possible, where could I find the options to manually add the missing textures please? Under the surfaces tab? Or in parameters?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You can always add textures manually in the surface tab.

I am not aware of any automated proces, which would be hard as the naming of the textures is not consistent.

• Thanks @felis. I might need to add the missing textures manually then...which is going to take ages :(

However, I am unable to find the spaces for emissive, height, metallic, opacity, and roughness textures. Are they available in Daz3d please??

• Ok, I managed to find the slots to load  the base, opacity and normal textures. I am still missing the emissive, height, metallic and roughness ones. Maybe they are called differently in Daz3d?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

Which base shader are you using?

• Which shader is being used? It is listed at top-left of the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane, with the target surface(s) selected.

• Daz Studio Default (RSL)

• Is it possible to change it? Is there another one that I could use to find the missing textures to upload?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

That's a 3Delight shader. Are you rendering with 3DL or Iray?

And yes, you can apply another base shader, and each will have its set of properties. Iray Uber Base shader has channel for some of those you listed for example.

• Thanks @Leana. Sorry for the basic question, but how can I change the shader to Iray Uber Base?

• I think I found it!!! It is under preset, right? It is possibloe to change all surfaces to Uber Base at the same time?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Just mark all surfaces and apply the shader.

• felis said:

Just mark all surfaces and apply the shader.

Object and surfaces need to be selected  (though if you hold down cmd/ctrl while double-clicking the preset you can choose to apply it to all surfaces, not just the selected ones). However, a newly importd OBJ or newly created promitive will get the iray Uber base by default if Iray is the current render engine - if it isn't then using the Iray shader will just yield a blank object on rendering.