HDRI files

NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,845
edited December 2023 in Bryce Discussion

Can [HDRI] these go anywhere?  I have all of mine under Presets but I wonder if they could be anywhere on my computer.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,136

NGartplay - anywhere, provided you will find them when you need one. They can also be saved as a sky preset together with a sky from the Sky Lab but since a library can only manage up to 2 GB and with HDRIs that limit can be reached quite soon.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012

NGartplay - I have all my Hdri in a folder in a partition, not where Bryce is installed and like Horo mentioned if I use one in scene, I will save it as a sky preset.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2023

Thank you both.  Sorry that I sound like a newbie but these are questions I've never asked.

I know that Bryce has size limitations but I don't know what's considered a library.  Under Presets/objects I will have 20 different folders.  Inside of them I will have more folders and those will contain .obp files.  What part of that is considered a 'library?'

Also, I sometimes get freebies and they will have a Bryce preset and also .tifs or jpgs with them.  I don't know where to put those image files.

Post edited by NGartplay on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,136

NGartplay - I could go on and on. Look at https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf it should answer your questions.

edited December 2023

Ok, I'll check it out but I've read lots of documents and still been confused.  Hopefully this explains so that I can understand it, thanks.

edit:  Yes, I read that before coming here. I'll read it again.  I know where Bryce is installed so maybe I missed reading parts of it.

Edit again:  So, the libraries are the files with the file extensions (ie - brt, obp, etc.)  Maybe this is why I have lost skies that I saved and couldn't figure out where they went.  Too big.  Or my water materials that I made. missing.

Thanks Horo, I am terrible at reading.  When I was young and tested in school I got only 49% on reading skills but I got 99.9% on 3D unfolding and the like.  I've only gotten worse with reading as I've gotten older.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 2023

Hi NGartplay. May I ask in which folder you store your OBP? I am curious, because I want to check something. You might help me to find out, whether I am on the wrong track or not. Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 2023

Hi Elvis, I have C and D drives but put Bryce on the C drive (that's an exception) so that it would render faster (SD.)  File location is C://program files (x86)/DAZ 3D/Bryce7/Presets/Objects.

Objects has 24 folders in it, including the Installed folder.