Poser 11 assign path in Daz Install manager - will not work

Don't know if anyone can help here - I'll also post at Poser but I try to open my Daz Library from DS 4,8 which works fine - but when I try to load DSON converted G3F figure get error about path to resources in Daz Install manager - need "Poser 2012 2014" in Applicationpage of seetings dialog. I input the Poser 11 path and Daz install manager won't recognize it. I can't figure out how to fix this - anyone have any thoughts please?

Comments

• Don't know if anyone can help here - I'll also post at Daz but I try to open my Daz Library from DS 4,8 which works fine - but when I try to load DSON converted G3F figure get error about path to resources in Daz Install manager - need "Poser 2012 2014" in Applicationpage of seetings dialog. I input the Poser 11 path and Daz install manager won't recognize it. I can't figure out how to fix this - anyone have any thoughts please?

• Merged duplicate threads.

You may need to lie about the version - tell DIM that it's PP2014 (for 64 bit) or Poser 10. However do note that G3F (and G3M) are not Poser-compatible - it is possible to get them to load, but they will not have the correct rigging and their look will not be all that it should be. The DSON Importer does work in Poser 11/PP11

• Yes unless you can get the DSON pluging installed to the Poser 11 folder it's not going to import DSON files. If you can't get it to install with DIM

then try a manual install you will have to download the "DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.2.0.12_Win64" from your product library.

Richard is right there are some features that are missing the expression, but all vertex morphs will go through.

It could be improved if someone wanted to go through and export all the expression as morphs and reattached to the expression dials.

But that a big job and I don't think anyone would do it for free.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,792

Many of the Genesis 3 expressions are bone-driven, and nether the DSON Importer nor the Studio .cr2 exporter seem to be able to handle bones not assigned to a polygon group...

• That's why you would need to export each expression as a mesh "lowest sub division and Base mesh" then you would have to re-import them in as a morph. Like I said a very large job but possible.

You may need to lie about the version - tell DIM that it's PP2014 (for 64 bit) or Poser 10. However do note that G3F (and G3M) are not Poser-compatible - it is possible to get them to load, but they will not have the correct rigging and their look will not be all that it should be. The DSON Importer does work in Poser 11/PP11

How do I set the path - is it for applications in settings - I do not see how I can direct it to Poser 11/runtime as poser /2014 runtime? Maybe I'm just dense but I cannot rename the runtime? Maybe I'm missing the point - I often do.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 2015

For DIM

DSON.jpg
    960 x 714 - 354K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Actually, the current DSON Importer in Poser 11 disrupts the Library when loading any Genesis/Genesis2 figure.  Library icons begin to disappear when changing categories and folders.  Esssentially, you need to reboot Poser to recover your missing content.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,792

Actually, the current DSON Importer in Poser 11 disrupts the Library when loading any Genesis/Genesis2 figure.  Library icons begin to disappear when changing categories and folders.  Esssentially, you need to reboot Poser to recover your missing content.

If you have the Adobe flash plugin installed in your web browser,  then the Library hangs, the Flash Library can still be accessed  by going to your Poser 11 directory/runtime/ui/Flex/LSMGUI/bin-release/LSMGUI.html while Poser 11 is running and it should open the library in your web browser.  However, this isn't a very good solution to the problem. 

A slightly better one is to use the Air library, by running \Runtime\ui\AIR\LSMGUI\LSMGUIAIR.exe (for Windows; I presume there is a corresponding .app file on OS X) which works quite well, except that one cannot save to the Library.  This way one can at least finish up what is currently in progress before restarting...