Morph Export in UE5 by Daz To Unreal Plugin

G-MerG-Mer Posts: 8
edited December 2023 in Unreal Discussion

Hi, I have a question about exported morphs using Daz To Unreal plugin. Currently I'm using Bridge 2023 v.1.2.63. and my UE5 version is 5.2.

I'm satisfied that a Genesis 8.1 character with facial or whatever morphs applied has no problem being exported to UE5 maintaining its applied morphs.

But as far as I tested, the applied morphs are not controllable in UE5 because I didn't included them as morphs when I exported the character.

So I wanted my morphs to be controllable in UE5 like JCMs, and tried to include my morphs to the exported morphs list.

I selected morphs wanted in the "Choose Morphs" function in Daz to Unreal Plugin and included them to be exported.

When the export was done, I found those morphs included in the skeletal mesh, but they were all disabled by default and only be applied through dialing from -1 to 1.

So here are my questions;

Is there a way to export morphs and maintaining the percentage of them in the original figure at the same time?

And if there isn't, must I use the UE5 blueprint eventgraph to set the wanted morphs to be applied to the character?

Post edited by G-Mer on

Comments

• There isn't a way currently to transfer a morph as "baked in" to the character and also as a dynamic morph.  You can set the morph to the same value in the character blueprint to apply it though.

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited December 2023

Diffeomorphic can bake the morphs to the character imported to Blender to make it look as another totally different character, then it's the task of exporting it from Blender to UE5. I used this trick to create lots of different NPCs for my own game that I enjoy playing very much

Post edited by catmaster on