Model in shop

Hello Daz3D Community,

I'm a newcomer to Daz3D, having just started exploring its capabilities today.

While browsing the shop, I was particularly drawn to the physique of a certain model and am considering making a purchase.

https://www.daz3d.com/z-ninja-warrior-poses-expressions-for-sakura-8-and-genesis-8-female

However, I have a few questions before proceeding:

Model Customization: Can the default outfits applied to the model be removed? I'm interested in knowing whether I can adjust the poses of the model once the basic outfits are taken off. Essentially, I'm curious about the extent of customization possible with the default model.

I've tried reading through the documentation but find myself a bit lost.

Thank You 

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,626
    edited December 2023

Hi & welcome to the forums :)

Firstly, you should always take the time to read the "What's included" section on the product page before making any purchases. For example, the product you linked to contains Poses & Expressions only - the figure and clothing is NOT included at all. All this product will do is allow you to quickly and easily set the poses and expressions shown on a model/figure (that is based upon Genesis 8 Female) that you already own (including the base Genesis 8 Female that is supplied for free).

The promo images are there to "show off" the product and give you an examples of usage but you should view them as if they had "other items sold separately" written at the bottom.

It sounds like what you actually want to buy is Sakura 8 (https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8). This is the "anime style" figure/model that you mentioned. However, be aware that unless EXPLICITLY stated a figure/model product will not include the hair, clothing or other props as seen in the promo images.

For that reason you may want to take a look at the two bundles she is part of as those include hair and clothing that suit her. Obviously, those cost more since they include multiple products.

To answer your other questions: When purchasing a figure/model if it has a "Genesis" figure listed in "Compatible Figures" then it will be posable as kit is inheriting the functionality from that base. There are other posable figures available but you can look for those when you are more familiar with everything. All Genesis-based figures/models are naked and so clothing can be added/removed.

Things will start getting more complicated once you dive deeper into the software. So while you are starting up it would be good to play around with the starting figures and items you have. Also, if/when you do start buying items be mindful of the generation - e.g. if you like Sakura 8 then I would stick to Genesis 8 (G8F) related items until you get up to speed.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,811
    edited December 2023

And as a newbie, don't forget to check the content type of products when you browse and shop in Daz store. As per the attached screenshots (highlighted in red), they're all Poses only. You may check other products for comparison and better understanding... so as to avoid buying a wrong product that you actually don't need.

SNAG-2023-12-10-0090.png
    2208 x 1277 - 2M
    SNAG-2023-12-10-0091.png
    1807 x 403 - 773K
    Post edited by crosswind on