Help installing Daz again while using old files on another drive

So my C Drive got corrupted and I got new SSD to install Win 10 fresh. Fortunately I installed Daz on my D drive and I managed to backup the Documents folder in C, both Public and my personal account and put them in a external SSD.

So I now installed Daz Central but I am nervous to take next step without confirming what to do next. My D drive is literally untouched but sadly since I reinstalled win 10, I can't just run daz studio from D drive and want to know how to reinstall while using those files in D.

I installed various stuff using DIM while some through manually copy and pasting while some through content wizard.

Any knowledgable soul can please hold my hand through this? My life literally depends on this :/

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

1st , DO NOT use Daz Central since it's discontinued... use DIM. 2nd, technically application folder of DS could be on your D drive but all its configuration / settings files are still on your C drive under AppData folder. Since you've got a fresh new C drive, better install DS on C again.

As for cms database, if you lost it on the old corrupted C drive, but your Daz Library survived, just install posgreSQL first, then re-import metadate from your Daz Library. (or re-install products from Daz store as you wish...+ re-import metadata of 3rd party products ever installed with Content Wizard.)

• flowprinceflowprince Posts: 11
    edited December 2023

crosswind said:

1st , DO NOT use Daz Central since it's discontinued... use DIM. 2nd, technically application folder of DS could be on your D drive but all its configuration / settings files are still on your C drive under AppData folder. Since you've got a fresh new C drive, better install DS on C again.

As for cms database, if you lost it on the old corrupted C drive, but your Daz Library survived, just install posgreSQL first, then re-import metadate from your Daz Library. (or re-install products from Daz store as you wish...+ re-import metadata of 3rd party products ever installed with Content Wizard.)

Oh i didn't know it discontinued. But I did backup all config and settings under Appdata. So what to do in that case? I was able to backup evertything that had daz folder name in old C drive.

Post edited by flowprince on
    edited December 2023

flowprince said:

crosswind said:

Oh i didn't know it discontinued. But I did backup all config and settings under Appdata. So what to do in that case? I was able to backup evertything that had daz folder name in old C drive.

You install DS as usual, restore your backup of DS configuration folder to %AppData%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ accordingly.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

flowprince said:

crosswind said:

You install DS as usual, restore your backup of DS configuration folder to %AppData%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ accordingly.

That's it? So I can simply install a new Daz on my D Drive while letting the old daz stay there?

I suggested you better install a fresh new DS on C drive. If you insist on installing on D drive, correctly configure the related paths in DIM.

• crosswind said:

I suggested you better install a fresh new DS on C drive. If you insist on installing on D drive, correctly configure the related paths in DIM.

Yeah I want to install on D only so that if C fails again, I will be safe. So in DIM settings, I should point the manifest and cms path to old folders?

flowprince said:

crosswind said:

Yeah I want to install on D only so that if C fails again, I will be safe. So in DIM settings, I should point the manifest and cms path to old folders?

Yes, as well as the path of Software Base (32 or 64 bit).

• Nevermind. I figured it out on my own.