My Dforce is Broken

I don't remember when this happened, but Dforce seems to be broken to me. I never really ventured myself on 'converting' primitives for something like a blanket - towel or anything, so I'm not sure if this was always there or not. I won't explain anything, you can watch the video here and see for yourself what I'm talking about.

Clothing that 'natively' comes with Dforce don't have this problem, or at least my eyes didn't notice anything. I did notice that whenever I convert a non-dforce clothing to dforce, it glitches sometimes, but since I just straight up converted it I'm not sure if that's because of the clothing itself not being good for Dforce, or just because I didn't adjust some settings.

The only thing that could be the problem is probably the Daz version that I'm using (4.21.0.5), there could be a 'feature' that might broke the Dforce, but I honestly doubt it...

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

I've not experienced such an issue with 4.21.0.5, but it'll be easy if you just used primitives to make such a scene. Pls attach the scene file down below. We may help to find you the culprit.

Or you check the timeline, bring default settings back in Simulation Settings, and also check properties on dynamic surfaces of the plane by yourself...

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

How many divisions have the plane? Look like too few.

Most likely as felis said, Ctrl + 8 to check the wireframe first ~

• crosswind said:

I remember it was 25, seems like it was the default as I never really cared about creating primitives. I increased to 50 and that was the result of the video, not sure if 50 was enough or not though... I just tested it now again in 50 and it seems to be a lot more better than the video, maybe I should have restarted Daz before, it might have affected  the plane for some reason...? No idea, but I probably might have messed up the divisions when I first used Daz, that could be it too. Well, found the issue so thanks a lot for the help! :p

What would be the best division for it though?

• Please do take the time to describe your issue in words, videos can also help but you are asking others for help so making them go to another site and watch a video is a bit much.

That said, it certainly doesn't look as if the plane as more than one or maybe two divisions - are you using the default dynamic settings or have you edited them in the Surfaces pane?

Liphisbus said:

crosswind said:

I remember it was 25, seems like it was the default as I never really cared about creating primitives. I increased to 50 and that was the result of the video, not sure if 50 was enough or not though... I just tested it now again in 50 and it seems to be a lot more better than the video, maybe I should have restarted Daz before, it might have affected  the plane for some reason...? No idea, but I probably might have messed up the divisions when I first used Daz, that could be it too. Well, found the issue so thanks a lot for the help! :p

What would be the best division for it though?

That depends... More division + SubD will make draping result better and smoother on such a simple plane, howerver, if it's on a complex garment / hair, etc. collistions / iterations with more polygons while simulation will lead to longer time and other potential issue (e.g. explosion with mesh intersection..), so in principle, no more no less would be a better option.

SNAG-2023-12-10-0077.png
    2560 x 1400 - 943K
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Please do take the time to describe your issue in words, videos can also help but you are asking others for help so making them go to another site and watch a video is a bit much.

That said, it certainly doesn't look as if the plane as more than one or maybe two divisions - are you using the default dynamic settings or have you edited them in the Surfaces pane?

Sorry about that Richard. I just converted the plane to a dynamic surface and simulated it. I found that problem when trying to create a blanket. I then did a new scene and created a plane and a Sphere in the video and that was it, I never really messed with anything actually. I was testing it right now, and the only thing I noticed that is different, is that my plane division was 50, but now it's 100, but I really didn't change anything.

• Please put the Viewport into Wireframe mode (ctrl/cmd 3 - 9 will go back to texture Sahded) and take a screenshot.