search by context/filter issue?

So after trying to find the "proxy outfit g8" version, I noticed something not working.
When I go to the smart content tab, filter by context and then up to the top where it allows you to filter...its greyed out. I have clicked it, clicked the black arrow, tried to right-click...it does not work at all.(Yes I tried to select a section like "figures" then tried to hit the filter and nothing)

Also the general search function...doesn't seem to be working. I went to try to find the "Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials" (another forum thread said reinstalling this may help fix it). I pasted the name of the item into the search and....I had just about everything g8 some g9 (only) stuff...it didnt bring up just the "Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials". (so no real point in having a search function?)

Any way to get these to work? See attached screenshot showing the "filter" option at the top of the listing being greyed out. Other than doing a screen record, I don't know how else to show it doesn't work. Cant click it at all.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 083235.png
182 x 903 - 26K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169
    edited December 2023

You have no Genesis figure or figure of other Content Type selected in the scene... then it won't let you drop down to select other options.

As for searching by filter a full product name, you should type in and paste "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, ie: " + correct product name. Usually we just type in: starter, or save a filter there.

SNAG-2023-12-9-0075.png
    2560 x 1586 - 469K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

You have no Genesis figure or figure of other Content Type selected in the scene... then it won't let you drop down to select other options.

As for searching by filter a full product name, you should type in and paste "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, ie: " + correct product name. Usually we just type in: starter, or save a filter there.

Hello Crosswind,

I have tried that. I have selected an item and tried to use it. It won't do anything.
    I have tried with the "filter by content" checked and unchecked.
    I have tried just about everything. It doesn't do a thing. Unless I do a screen record, a screenshot doesn't show it not working,

(just in case, I just tried it while writing this. I selected "lainey" then "victoria 8.1, and tried to click it. Nothing. It doesn't even act like a button.  I could try a screen record but it may be too large up attach)

as for the search, I pasted the name from the product page. I also looked for "genesis 8 starter". and just about everything genesis came up. frown

ALSO, just quickly out of curiosity, is there any way to make the thumbnails bigger?

no filter option.png
    352 x 872 - 138K
  • It is looking at the selection in the scene, not what you have selected in the pane (though there are right-click options to explore add-ons and compatible items).

• Richard Haseltine said:

It is looking at the selection in the scene, not what you have selected in the pane (though there are right-click options to explore add-ons and compatible items).

uhm

I had nothing IN the scene yet....

• DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356
    edited December 2023

Right, are you meaning something has to be in the scene or that is -was- looking for something in the scene as nothing was in the scene as you can see. Fresh open. Nothing in it.

Did you mean "It needs to look for something loaded in a scene"? or "it is looking for something in the scene"?

Side note, this came up as I was trying to find the g8 item of the "proxy" outfit. Which there is nothing in the folder for proxy marked as g8

just to prove the point NOTHING in the scene.png
    1592 x 931 - 222K
    Post edited by DarkElegance on
  • Both the Filter By Context and the (currently greeyed out) item picker above the categories are in relation to scene selection (and nothing is a valid filter context, it shows things that do not require a selected target).